Chapter 24 [Uncontrollable Shame]

You

"Chuuya!"

Despite your confusion as to why he flung you into the tree in that manner, you pushed him out of the way. You could feel the enormous burst of air from the tree nearly striking your face.

Chuuya

"..."

You

"Chuuya, what's up with you?! Are you okay?!"

You observed these odd red marks all over Chuuya's face as he lifted his head from gazing down. Not just on his face, but also on his body.

You

I get it...

It all made sense now, why the boulder could be blasted with such strength, and why Chuuya had begged you to leave him there. He had intended to unleash Corruption the minute he saw the boulder.

You

I've... I've got to get out of here!...

You released your grip on Chuuya's wrist and began running in random directions once more. Chuuya wasn't even coming after you from behind, but he was flinging these bizarre-looking orbs that were knocking down the trees. While rushing through this tangled, congested forest, you did your best to avoid the trees.

Chuuya's pace, on the other hand, was unrivalled, causing the trees to fall in tandem. You were hit by one of the trees and had no way of getting out of this. Chuuya continued to demolish the forest, and for once, you wished Dazai had been present.

You were absolutely out of it, you could see stars all over the place. You had no idea what you were doing. The smashing sounds were muted, and your vision was severely impaired.

-MEANWHILE, STILL IN THE FOREST-

Dazai

"Y/N!"

Kunikida

"Dazai, get back here! You're gonna get crushed by the trees!"

Dazai

"Whatever! I just need to find Chuuya, then I can stop this!"

Dazai could see two individuals moving about from a distance. Both of them were battling and struggling.

Dazai couldn't believe what he'd just seen as he could plainly see the two individuals fighting.

Dazai

"What is..."

Atsushi

"Dazai! Don't you think we should stop them?!"

Kunikida

"Atsushi... Can't you see what condition the two of them are in?... I don't think there's a possible chance for Dazai to even get near them!"

These three had just stood there horrified, watching Chuuya and you seize each other by the necks.

Dazai

"This is... It scares me how Y/N's ability alone is equal to Chuuya's Corruption."

Your ability was at work while you were unconscious. It attacked Chuuya because it was unrestrained. He fought back, despite Chuuya's uncontrollable state. Nobody was winning the fight, your abilities were equal.