Chapter 15 [Scalpel]

You two explained that you were planning to use R/N as bait to draw the assassin out. R/N, to his surprise, agreed to this. R/N was a kind guy who wanted to repay the favor even though he understood you two were simply doing your job.

Chuuya

"Stop making it so obvious. We're supposed to be undercover now, remember?"

You

"Yeah, yeah."

You two were basically dancing in the heart of the masquerade ball, keeping an eye on R/N but trying not to be too obvious. You had to act like you were merely masquerade dancers. The only problem was that... You didn't know how to dance. Not at all.

Chuuya

"Ow!"

You

"Oh-"

You were doing nicely, "dancing" with Chuuya until you stepped on his foot by accident.

Chuuya

"What was that for?!"

Chuuya whispered to you instead of shouting as loudly.

You

"You think I did that on purpose?!"

Chuuya

"Well, you definitely would do that on purpose! Do you not know how to dance or anything?..."

You

"Well..."

Chuuya

"!..."

You

"..."

Chuuya

"Wow, I was just throwing words out there. So you really don't know how to dance?"

You

"Not at all."

Chuuya

"Heh, neither do I."

You

"Huh?! Then how are you doing it so well?!"

Chuuya

"Oh, you just called me a good dancer, didn't you?"

You

"No- I'm just asking if you've never danced before, how come you're not messing up? At all?"

Chuuya

"Uh... I dunno! I'm just copying all the others. But!- It's good to know that you think of me as a good dancer."

You

"I never said you were a good dancer."

Chuuya

"Fine. Here-"

Chuuya took a look around, focusing on the other dancers.

Chuuya

"Okay- You put your hand here..."

He took your right hand and placed it on his shoulder. Then he took another glance around at the dancers.