Chapter 17 [The Bar]

You

"There."

You were fixing Chuuya's hair, or more accurately, styling it to seem different. His hair, which you thought to be rough, was really soft.

Chuuya

"What is this... Can I have my coat back now?"

You

"No. He'll recognize you."

Chuuya

"Aww come on... It's just a coat."

Chuuya complained.

You

"Besides, you look a lot better like this."

Chuuya

"I do?!"

Chuuya looked remarkably different; he was dressed like one of those basic ass teenage white boys. Sweatpants and a solid-coloured hoodie. Now that you'd clipped it back, his hair looked more like Tanizaki's.

Chuuya

"Well, I might go for this look every day if you find it so pleasing."

You

"But if you go for this look so often, I'll just get bored with it."

You two then entered the bar. It smells awful of beer. Chuuya, of course, was used to the stench, and you felt sick. You'd never been to a bar before, so this was another first for you.

You

"Chuuya, is it supposed to smell like this?..."

Chuuya

"It smells like this all the time. It's always the same smell no matter what bar you walk into."

You

"Right..."

Chuuya

"Look. That's him over there."

You two were still standing at the door of the bar. You and Chuuya both looked at the bartender from a comfortable distance. In other words, the assassin. But he seemed entirely different for some reason. You had a hunch it was him, but maybe you only felt this way because the assassin was going undercover.

You

"Oh shit... What do we do?"

Chuuya

"Wh- You don't have a plan?!"

You

"You don't?!"

Chuuya

"I thought you had a plan!"

You

"Chuuya, you're a Port Mafia executive, you should be the one who's coming up with the plan!"

Chuuya

"Well too bad!"

You

*Sigh*

???

"Hi, there! Would you two care for a drink?"

You

"Shit!..."