Chapter 26 [Alcoholic]

-THE NEXT DAY, EARLY IN THE MORNING AT THE CAFE-

Chuuya

Come on... Where are they?...

Chuuya was waiting for you at the same table he was at the day before. The café clerk from the previous two days was already on the job.

Cafe Clerk

"If you're waiting for Y/N, I think you're wasting your time."

Chuuya

"... What?..."

Cafe Clerk

"Did you not think about it? From yesterday's experience, I thought you would've understood it by now."

Chuuya

"Huh?... Understand what?"

Cafe Clerk

"They don't want to see you."

Chuuya

"... Hey. Don't say that. That isn't true."

Cafe Clerk

"Chuuya, was it?"

Chuuya

"How did you..."

Cafe Clerk

"Y/N told me about everything. They don't want to see you, so just give up."

Chuuya

"That can't be right... It's been ten months."

Cafe Clerk

*Sigh* "Y/N's not coming to work today."

Chuuya

"... I see."

Chuuya exited the building and searched the surroundings for you.

Chuuya

I feel like such a creep... I just want to talk to them. Was that cafe clerk telling the truth?...

Chuuya noticed you as you were about to cross the street. Once again, music was blaring in your ears.

Chuuya

"Y/N!"

Chuuya kept waving and yelling your name, but you crossed the street without even noticing he was behind you. You ran into someone on the other side of the road. Chuuya had developed a disliking towards the café clerk, who was the person you met up with.

When you saw him, you looked happier and smiled. Chuuya noticed you two conversing from a distance. He had never been more agitated.

Chuuya

What am I doing...

To keep himself safe, he kept a safe distance between you and the café clerk. He wasn't used to seeing the café clerk out of his uniform, which is why he almost didn't recognize him. Chuuya arrived at this little apartment building after a long walk. He saw you and the café clerk as you climbed the stairs to the second, highest floor. As you entered your apartment room, the café clerk hugged you goodbye and then departed.