Chapter 21 [Unexpected Interference]

-LAS VEGAS, AIRPORT- (yes, i am now adding these things to avoid using weird transitioning between the text)

You and Chuuya had already packed your belongings and bid farewell to Las Vegas. Chuuya was pretty much dead inside, with little energy left. At least you weren't late this time. You two boarded the plane, flew safely, and then... You've finally made it to Yokohama.

-YOKOHAMA, AIRPORT-

You

"Heeey... Chuuya, we're back home."

You nudged him with your elbow, hoping to wake him from his slumber. His jet lag was insane. Chuuya was completely out of it due to the different time zones.

Chuuya

"... Home?..."

You

"Yokohama."

Chuuya

"Ah... Right..."

-PORT MAFIA BUILDING, YOKOHAMA-

Many people greeted you and Chuuya back into the Port Mafia building, and luckily Mori gave you and Chuuya some time to relax before assigning you a new mission. Chuuya's jet lag subsided after two days, and things went back to normal. The same old... boring routine.

-A MONTH LATER-

You

"Chuuya, come on. Wake up, the boss has already given us another thing to do."

Chuuya

"Agh... It's gonna be another boring ass mission... Why can't the boss let us go beat up the Armed Detective Agency instead?"

You

"Aha- I'd rather not see their faces ever again."

For the previous four weeks, the boss had only assigned you effortless missions such as defeating foes and... that was pretty much all. You and Chuuya had been doing nothing but getting dressed, going out, killing people, and then returning home and sleeping for the past 28 days.

Chuuya

"Aww... I'm in the mood to punch Dazai's face right now..."

You

"... Same." I can't believe I just said that. Although it is the truth.

Chuuya

"Then let's go! Instead of doing our obviously boring mission we're doing today, let's go invade and bother the agency."

You

*Sigh* "Chuuya. We'd get in so much trouble for doing that."

Chuuya

"I know, right? So let's do it!"

You

"We can do that when we're given orders to, okay?"

Chuuya

"Wooow... So boring..."

You

"Hey, you know that I would've agreed to beat them all up if I didn't work for the Port Mafia."