When Are We Going?

"Guess what?!"

I groaned as I heard Roman's voice, waking me from my sleep.

"Go away, Roman!" I said Loudly, but it was muffled due to the fact that I had my head buried in my pillow.

"You wont want me to go away when you've heard what I have to say." He stated, sounding slightly excited.

I rolled over onto my back, pushing my blacket down slightly so it wasn't covering my head, then I saw Roman standing at the side of my bed, grinning.

"What?" I asked, my voice sounding slightly annoyed and impatient.

He didn't stop grinning.

"Our parents own a lake house, and they said we can take a few friends and stay there for a few days!" He announced, sounding even more excited than he was before.

My eyebrows shot up and I probably looked surprised.

"They own a lake house? How many friends is a few? And how many days is a few?" I asked quickly.

They were the most important things I needed to know.

He frowned in thought.

"Uh, I think they said 5 friends and we're allowed to stay there for two weeks." He stated.

I grinned.

I knew who I was taking.

***

"What?!"

Kenzie, Carmen and Nat all screamed in unison.

Reed and Seth covered their ears, grimacing.

I didn't even flinch, I just grinned at them.

"My dad and Roman's mum own a lake house. I'm taking you guys with me to stay there for two weeks." I stated.

They all grinned, looking excited.

"Wow. That's awesome. When are we going?" Carmen asked, being the spokesperson for the group once again.

I bit my lip slightly.

"Tomorrow?" I said, making it sound like a question.

They all looked slightly surprised, but eventually grinned once again.

"Awesome!" She said happily, making me smile.

Then I suddenly had a thought.

Who would Roman be taking?

***

"Come in."

I pushed Roman#s bedroom door open, stepping inside.

He looked surprised to see me but smiled at me from where he was sitting on his bed.

I suddenly noticed Riley sitting at Roman's desk with the chair twisted round so he was facing the bed.

He flashed me a smile, taking a sip of the beer he had in his hand.

"What's up?" Roman asked, seeming curious.

"I just wanted to ask who your taking to the lake house." I stated.

He shrugged.

"Riley's coming. You don't know the other four, but you'll meet them tomorrow. You'll love them, trust me." He said, motioning to Riley when he said his name then smiling as he said the rest.

I smiled slightly.

At least I'd know Riley.

And like he'd said, I'd probably like the others.

"Want a beer?" Riley asked, motioning to the mini fridge by Roman's bed.

I thought about it for a second, then I smiled and nodded my head, thinking why not?

He reached down and opened the fridge, then took out a bottle, popping the cap off before holding it out to me.

I took it and took a sip, smiling at them both.

Roman motioned to the bed, basically saying I could sit down if I wanted.

And for the rest of the night, we hung out and had a laugh before we all went to bed.

***

"Destiny?"

I groaned slightly, burying my head farther in my pillow.

"D!"

I sat up, blinking and trying to get my eyes to focus.

The first thing I noticed was that it was still dark.

I frowned.

Why the fuck had someone woken me up in the middle of the night?

I looked to the side of my bed and glared when I saw Riley standing there in nothing but a pair of shorts.

I glanced at his chest then quickly back at his face.

He looked sympathetic.

"Sorry to wake you." He said quietly.

I frowned, rubbing at my eyes.

"Why did you wake me?" I asked, my voice barely more than a mumble.

He bit his lip, making him look extremely hot.

After a second, he quickly shook his head.

"I don't even really know. I just know that you have insomnia and I do too, and I couldn't sleep so I just thought that I'd come and see if you wanted to hang out with me for a bit." He said, rushing through the words.

I frowned.

"So, the one night that I actually get to sleep, you decide to wake me just so you wont be bored on your own?" I asked, my voice slightly annoyed.

He frowned, rubbing the back of his neck like he was nervous.

Then he smiled a sheepish smile.

"That's pretty much it." He said.

I couldn't help but smile, shaking my head.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to hang out as I'm awake now." I said.

He smiled.

I pushed the covers aside and stood up, revealing me in just a tank top and a pair of shorts.

I saw him look me over, biting his lip slightly.

I quickly grabbed a bobble, pulling my hair up into a loose ponytail, but he put his hand on my wrist.

I looked at him, curious and confused.

He smiled a cute crooked smile.

"Leave it down. Its nicer like that." He said quietly, sounding a little breathless.

I swallowed , but then put the bobble back on my bedside table.

We went and sat on my balcony, looking out at the back garden and up at the stars.

After a few minutes of us just sitting there, looking up at the stars that were twinkling above us, I was smiling.

"They're beautiful." I said quietly, awestruck by how unbelievably beautiful the night sky was.

I glanced at Riley and was surprised to see that he wasn't looking up at the stars.

He was looking at me.

"They're not as beautiful as you." He whispered, his voice deep and rough, making my stomach do somersaults.

I swallowed, quickly diverting my gaze back up to the stars.

After about an hour of looking at the stars, I could feel myself drifting to sleep as I sat on the chair.

The last thing I thought before I fell to sleep was that Riley was even more beautiful than the moon and the stars put together.