Clearing Up A Misunderstanding

Riley's P.O.V.

I'd really thought she had feelings for me too. I'd really thought I was getting somewhere, but I guess not.

I wanted to hit something again, just like I had the last time I'd seen her kissing him.

A part of me wanted to go back down there and kill him.

I growled in frustration as I sat down on my bed, putting my head in my hands and taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm myself down.

I looked up quickly as I heard my bedroom door open. I glared, feeling my anger rushing through me again as I saw Luke step into the room, shutting the door behind him.

"What the fuck do you want?" I snapped, sounding furious.

He frowned at me, holding his hands up in front of him, like he was surrendering.

"It wasn't what it looked like." He said.

I laughed bitterly, without humour.

"Sure it wasn't. If you've just come up here to defend her then save your breath." I snapped, getting angrier with every second that passed.

"I kissed her, so don't blame her, because it was my fault." He said.

I frowned at him, my eyes narrowing.

"It looked like she was pretty into it to me. Now get out before I do something I'll regret later." I said, my voice cold and hard.

He sighed in what seemed like frustration then fixed his gaze on me, looking determined.

"You know she's in love with you, right? The only reason she kissed me the first time was to make you jealous. This time, I caught her by surprise. I like her, but she's so caught up in you that she wont even give me a second glance, so I thought that I could change her mind, but I was wrong." He said, completely surprising me.

I was at a loss for words, but before I could even think of what to say, he spoke again.

"I know you're in love with her too. I've seen the way you look at her. So just do us all a favour and tell her how you feel and get together already instead of both of you being miserable." He said.

I was surprised again that he'd figured out I was in love with her.

Was it really that obvious?

"Is it really that obvious?" I said quietly, my voice shaky.

He frowned at me, shaking his head slightly.

"To everyone except Destiny. She keeps trying to convince herself that you don't feel the same, for some insane reason, but I think she knows deep down and is just scared to admit what it means." He said, sounding surprisingly wise.

"She thinks if we admit that we're in love with each other then everything will change, and if we don't work out, then she thinks we'll never be able to get back what we were before." I said quietly.

He nodded his head, telling me that I was right.

I knew Destiny better than anyone and I knew we were meant to be together.

There was no way we couldn't work out because we knew each other better than anyone else and we were the same. We were the perfect match.

"I know how you feel, man. You need to tell her how you feel or you'll always regret it." He said, his voice quiet.

I looked at him sharply.

"You're in love with her too?" I asked, my voice had a hard edge to it now because I was suddenly feeling overwhelmingly jealous.