Home Truths.

Kenzie didn't seem at all surprised by what I had just said, which made me even more worried, because that meant it wasn't that hard to see.

"If you told him that, then he probably thought you didn't mean it, which is why he wouldn't tell you that you said it." She stated, sounding completely calm, like this conversation was everyday occurence.

"But even if he thinks I didn't mean it, he wouldn't just forget about it. It would still be there, niggling away at him every time we're together." I stated, my voice raising slightly.

Kenzie grabbed my hands, making me look at her, her face serious.

"Destiny, you don't know for sure that you said anything else to him. You could just be worrying over nothing, so just calm down. You won't know whether you said anything else, unless you ask him yourself." She said, sounding deadly serious.

I swallowed hard.

"I can't ask him." I said quietly.

She sighed.

"That's the only way you're going to know, D." She stated.

"But if I ask him, then if I did say something, he's going to know it was the truth." I stated.

She shook her head.

"No, he won't. Just ask him, or you're always going to be wondering whether you did say something." She stated.

I lay back on the bed again, knowing that I did have to ask him.

But how the hell was I supposed to do that?

***

Riley's P.O.V

I took the time while Destiny was in her room with Kenzie to get all of her friends and Roman to meet me in the lounge.

They all hurried, probably wondering what was going on.

"What's up, Riley?" Roman asked, seeming curious and slightly worried.

I waited until they all filed in, sitting down on the two sofas.

Then I took a deep breath before I began to speak.

"It's Destiny's birthday next Saturday, and I think we should throw her a surprise party." I said quickly, hoping they would all think it was a good idea.

Everyone looked surprised.

After a couple of minutes of stunned silence, Carmen spoke up, grinning.

"That's a great idea, Riley!" She said, sounding impressed.

I couldn't help but smile, happy that she thought it was a good idea.

But then she frowned.

"God, there's so much to do! Decorations, food, music! How the hell are we going to do it all in time? And without her knowing?" She said, sounding panicked.

I smiled.

"I've already worked everything out. I've got a banner and balloons. I've also hired a catering company which will bring the food on the night. And I've downloaded a bunch of Destiny's favourite songs onto my iPod." I stated.

Everyone looked even more surprised now.

"Wow. You really thought of everything." Carmen said, sounding even more impressed.