Leave Me Alone.

For a few moments, I just looked at him, surprised.

What was he talking about?

"What? When I asked you to stay?" I asked, completely bewildered.

He shook his head, then took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Last night, you told me you loved me. Did you mean it?" He asked.

I felt like he'd ripped my heart out and stamped on it.

I'd told him I loved him.

Oh, shit.

I swallowed hard, suddenly finding it hard to breathe.

I couldn't tell him that it was the truth.

That would ruin our friendship.

It would ruin everything.

So I did the only other thing I could.

I lied.

"Well, I love you like a friend, sure. But I don't love you, love you." I said, not knowing how else to word it.

His face dropped and then before I could say another word, he opened the door and strode out of my room, leaving me standing there alone.

***

Riley's P.O.V

I slammed my bedroom door behind me, then just stood by my bed, breathing heavily, contemplating whether to punch the wall.

I eventually decided against it and practically chucked myself onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling and trying not to think about what had just happened.

She didn't mean it.

I knew she didn't mean it, but to hear her say it, it just about broke my heart.

I was in love with someone that I could never have.

Someone knocked on my door and I immediately sat up, listening to see who it was.

"Riley? You okay?"

It was Roman.

I sighed heavily, glad it wasn't Destiny because I couldn't see her right now without blurting out that I was in love with her.

"Come in." I shouted to Roman, my voice giving away how upset and angry I really was.

When he opened the door and saw me, he frowned, looking worried and concerned, then he shut the door behind him and walked over to the desk at the side of the room, twisting the chair around before sitting down in it.

After a few seconds of him just looking at me, he spoke.

"What happened?" He asked.

I should have known that he'd know something had happened.

I put my head in my hands, taking deep breaths.

"Me and Destiny had an argument." I stated.

His eyebrows rose and he frowned.

"You argued? About what?" He asked, looking worried.

I sighed.

"Mainly about her leaving two years ago." I stated, knowing that he was going to lecture me straight away.