A Long Time Ago.

Roman's P.O.V.

I took a sip of my beer, tapping my foot to the beat of the song that was playing on my stereo.

I'd been thinking about Destiny and Riley.

And I guess I'd been thinking about Kenzie too.

I was actually a little hurt that Destiny, or Riley, hadn't told me that they knew each other.

What was the point in keeping it from me?

Did they think I wouldn't like it or something?

To be honest, the only thing about it that I didn't like was the fact that they'd kept it from me.

Destiny had said that Riley used to be different.

That he used to be sweet, gentle and caring.

I'd never seen that side of him for as long as I'd known him, which was almost two years.

But I knew that Destiny was telling the truth.

And now I was going to ask Riley about it.

I could find out what happened to him.

Why he changed, like Destiny said.

And it was just luck that right at that minute, I heard a knock on the front door.

I went downstairs and opened the front door, and I wasn't surprised when I saw Riley standing there.

I stepped to the side and he walked in, then I shut the door and he followed me up to my room, slumping down on the chair that sat in front of my desk.

"Have a good time after I left?" I asked, sitting down on my bed, after handing him a beer from my cooler.

He took it and took a sip, nodding.

"It was alright." He said.

For a few minutes, we both just sat there, listening to Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk which was now playing on my stereo.

I got up and turned it down a little, so that we could talk.

I slumped back down on my bed and took another sip of my beer, glancing at Riley.

"So, what do you think of Destiny?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

He looked a little caught off guard, but then he shrugged.

"She's okay, I guess." He said, like he didn't know what he was meant to say.

I sighed.

"Is that it? She's okay?" I asked, kinda hoping that he would let it slip that he knew her.

He looked at me, his eyes narrowing.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked, seeming a little suspicious.

I stretched my legs out in front of me on the bed.

"I know you knew her, Riley." I said, deciding to go for the direct approach.

His eyes widened and he looked surprised.

"What do you mean you know I knew her? I didn't know her until you introduced me to her yesterday." He said.

I frowned, because I knew he was lying.

"There's no point lying. Destiny told me." I stated.

He scowled.

"I knew her two years ago." He said, like it didn't matter.

I felt like punching him, because I knew that Destiny had feelings for him and he was acting like he didn't even care.