Jealousy.

When I was finally ready, dressed in a grey tee, grey acid wash denim shorts, a pair of black converse sneakers and a black hoodie, with my hair down and straightened because I knew Riley liked it that way, I made my way downstairs.

When I entered the kitchen, everyone was already in there, chatting while they ate breakfast.

I easily spotted Kenzie and Luke sitting at one end of the table, a free spot between them, and I made my way over to them, taking the empty seat.

"Hey." I said as I grabbed a slice of toast and started to butter it.

When I looked up from what I was doing, I saw Riley staring at me from across the table, his eyes darting between me and Luke, obviously thinking there was something going on between us.

A part of me felt glad that he thought there was something going on between us, just because of him dancing with Scarlett last night.

Let him be jealous, I thought, serves him right.

I quickly looked away from Riley and finished buttering my toast before glancing at Luke and Kenzie.

Luke was looking at me with a smile, his eyes crinkling at the edges, just like Riley's did whenever he smiled, but Luke's smile didn't make my stomach flip like Riley's did.

"What are we doing today?" I asked him.

He shrugged.

"I was thinking that whatever we do, we should hang out more and talk." He said.

I smiled at him.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I said.

Kenzie cleared her throat softly beside me and I turned to look at her curiously.

She was half smirking, half frowning, which made her look really weird.

"What's up?" I asked.

I saw her glance across the table and had to fight not to look over myself.

"Riley is giving Luke a death glare, like he literally wants to rip his head off." She muttered.

Before I could stop myself, I looked across the table and my eyes caught Riley's.

I knew what jealousy looked like, and that's exactly what look Riley wore on his face right now.

He looked like he wanted to kill Luke with his bare hands, and I suddenly felt happy because that at least showed he had some type of feelings for me, or he wouldn't be so jealous.

He kept his eyes on me for a few seconds, then he looked away, frowning as he started talking to Roman.

I sighed heavily as I switched my gaze between Kenzie and Luke.

"He thinks there's something going on between us." Luke said quietly.

"I know. I saw the way he was looking at you." I stated.

He rubbed the back of his neck like he was nervous, then his eyes lit up with an idea.

"This could work to your advantage." He said suddenly.

I frowned at him, not following.

"What do you mean?" I asked, still confused.

"If he keeps thinking there's something going on between us, then he'll get more and more jealous, until he can't contain it anymore. He'll eventually get so jealous that he snaps and admits to you how he really feels. What I'm saying is, if we act like we really are together, then he'll keep getting jealous." He said.