Sing it!

"Did you manage to write any songs?" Carmen asked me and Riley the next day at rehearsal.

I shook my head and she frowned.

"We looked through some that we'd already written and found some that we could use." I stated.

Her face lit up in a smile.

"How many?" She asked.

I looked towards Riley and he nodded at me, indicating for me to tell them.

"Two or Riley's and four of mine." I stated.

She nodded, looking pleased and impressed.

"Are there any that you have music for?" She asked.

I was about to say the name of one of mine when Riley spoke up.

"I've written music for one of mine." He stated.

I glanced at him, surprised.

"Really? Why don't you play it for us, then we can add the other instruments in later?" She suggested, sounding enthusiastic.

Riley nodded, picking up his guitar and sitting down on a stool.

He cleared his throat before he began strumming a tune, then he began to sing What You Do To Me.

When he'd finished, I was probably just as awestruck as the others.

I'd never heard Riley sing before and he actually had an amazing voice.

He looked at us all expectantly, waiting to hear what we thought.

"That's amazing! You wrote that?" Carmen asked, sounding more than a little impressed.

Riley nodded, looking pleased with our reactions.

"And you can sing! I think you should be the back up singer, instead of me and Nat." She said, surprising me.

Riley also looked surprised.

"Are you sure? I don't want to if you and Nat want to do it." He said.

I smiled slightly, catching a glimpse of the person he used to be.

"We don't mind, do we, Nat?" Carmen said, turning to Nat with a smile.

Nat just smiled, shaking her head.

"Then I guess I'll do it." Riley said, smiling.

Right at that minute, Roman came into the room, carrying a tray full of drinks.

We all thanked him as we took a drink each.

I took a swag of mine, sighing after.

Wow.

I needed that.

"I think Destiny should sing one of hers." Riley said after he'd had a drink.

I blushed a little.

"Do you have any music for them?" Carmen asked.

I bit my lip.

I'd actually wrote music for another one of them last night.

"I wrote music for one of them last night." I stated, slightly reluctant.

Carmen's face lit up.

"Then what are you waiting for? Sing it!" She exclaimed, enthusiastic and exicted once again.

I sighed as I put my glass down and crossed the room, picking up my guitar and my notebook, opening it to the right page as I sat down on a stool.

I cleared my throat and Carmen nodded at me and I started to play.