Chapter 9

SunStrike yawned, getting up early to hunt. She followed her nose to a patch of Taller grass, and caught a group of mice. " Three....Not bad " SunStrike mumbled. She walked the path back to the camp, but stopped. Something was, off. As the sun rose over trees, it's light glowed onto a rock, and it's light shaped into thick furred cat outline. It suddenly opened its eyes, and stared at SunStrike " SunStrike, darling " It was Sols voice that spoke. " Father " SunStrike responded, and sat down. " I haven't seen you at the training sessions recently, I wanted to make sure my daughter was ok " Sols voice cooed, as the Sun outline tilted it's head. " I'm on the patrol for the next Star to be chosen, I'm to far from Clan territory to connect with you. " SunStrike responded. " Well why haven't you done your job yet? You and the other could have killed those stars by now " Sol scolded her, the Sun outline standing up straight. " Because....Because some of us don't want to! I dont! I dont wanna be know as a killer! " SunStrike retorted, lashing her tail. " I knew you where weak....But your always be seen as killer just for how you look, It's a curse all kin of killers wear, the pelt of murders...I walk with cats who also share the same curse you do, and so do there kin. TigerStar and his kits, all shamed, You will never be nothing better than me, that's all cats see you as, a little clone of me, who's going to snap at any moment " Sol snickered, and SunStrike stepped away, before running back to camp. SunStrike returned, panting loudly. She breathed deeply, before trotting to the fresh kill pile, and placing her prey. SunStrike sat at the outside of the den, not wanting to disturb the cats again. " SunStrike....what are you doing out here...? " OliveNose yawned, and stepped out, BellaLeaf followed her. " I just got up to hunt early....you all can go back to sleep, don't worry about me " SunStrike mumbled. BellaLeaf trotted over to her " We're all patrolling together,'you can talk to us " BellaLeaf cooed. SunStrike sighed, before looking up at them both " Why did we join the DarkForest? What did they promise us for us to sell our loyalty " SunStrike asked, and OliveNose and BellaLeaf looked at eachother. " I was Promised a chance to rise above the warriors, be more respected than any cat before......when I was a apprentice I was so scared no one would respect me when I was a warrior....they played with me " OliveNose mumbled. BellaLeaf sat down " They told me that they would make a place where all cast where equal, I come from KittyPet origins......I didn't like how separate the clans where " BellaLeaf meowed " Why is this important to you? " She asked. " I joined to have a chance to connect with my father....I wanted to get to know him...did we all make mistakes? " SunStrike said, and looked up at the two. " HollyStalk, PrimrosePeak, and BreezePelt are more loyal to the Dark forest then there clans, I don't wanna end up like that " SumStrike whimpered. " I don't wanna be know as a killer ". OliveNose sat down next to SunStrike " You father was a killer, but you arnt, don't let your fur control your life, I left the Dark Forest a few days before this journey, I saw how much of a jerk I was becoming. " OliveNose confessed. " I left after HazeStorm died, I still long for peace, but murder isn't going to make it happen " BellaLeaf said. " We all have each other, and where gonna survive this patrol, and maybe become a star. But we should put away our claws and not worry about the choices we made in the past. " OliveNose said, leaning on SunStrike. " Yeah, we all have each other " BellaLeaf purred, and put her head on SunStrikes. " We're gonna be ok " SunStrike purred, and saw the sun hide behind the clouds. I'm not scared of you anymore father.