Chapter 26

ScorpionHeart lapped at DoveWings fur, as she breathed deeply " So, the blackened prey has become worse? That's what you saw " PickleStem asked, sitting down in front of her, nosing her some thyme to help calm her down. " C-CrowStar said they where going to make a deal with R-RiverClan, RiverClan would bring them good water from the middle of the lake, and WindClan would give them a peice of prey " DoveWing mewed, and ScorpionHeart laid down next to her, his ears tilted back. " Of course CrowStar would do that, he's a mouse Brain! " BreezePelt hissed. " Enough BreezePelt, what about ThunderClan? " WallabyPetal snapped at BreezePelt, before softly asking DoveWing. " FireStar said with the lack of good prey, t-that there will be a new prey order. Kits and Queens, Apprentices, Warriors, I imagine medicine cats are around the warrior rank, elders, Deputy, then leader " DoveWing mumbled. " But Elders are supposed to eat first, correct? " BellaLeaf meowed. " Yes, But FireStar said MouseFur and LongTail believe the warriors and apprentices should eat before them " DoveWing mewed, before burring her head in her paws " I'm scared, can I just be alone! " DoveWing mewed, and ScorpionHeart stood up " Yeah, Come on guys, let's let her sleep, we should get ready to leave as well " ScorpionHeart meowed, standing up, and letting DoveWing sleep. As ScorpionHeart stepped out of the Den, Deer stopped him. " Come ScorpionHeart, I want to show you something " Deer spoke, his eyes looking down at him, his eyes Unmoving " Oh- Sure... " ScorpionHeart mumbled, and the two trotted down to the sandy land. " I have seen how Close you and DoveWing are, Mates, I assume? " Deer asked, trotting forward. " What! No no...Just friends " ScorpionHeart meowed, his fur rippling. " It's ok, I won't judge you, I believe your patrol knows as well, I loved someone once " Deer chuckled, and stopped at a rocky area " Now we wait " Deer said, and laid down, tucking his legs down. ScorpionHeart sat besides him " What happened to them? " ScorpionHeart asked. " Well...A Two-leg kills him....I still miss him, but, I'm happy I get to help Midnight, I was always chosen to be the next Midnight " Deer said, and ScorpionHeart tilted his head " Next Midnight? Are you going to become a badger? " ScorpionHeart chuckled. " No, Midnight is a title, a name passed on for generations, I leave my name and Go by Deer until I take Midnights title, The Midnight can be anyone, Midnights mentor was a Snake, and the Snakes mentor was a Hawk, Midnight says I'll be the First deer to claim the Midnight title! Sorry....I rant a lot " Deer sighed, before standing up " There, see it! " Deer pointed with his nose. " It's a bug- " ScorpionHeart meowed, tilting his head. " A Scorpion. And look, see the other one, watch this " Deer said, and went to touch the other Scorpion, the First Scorpion jolted it's tail to Deers hoof, and Deer pulled his Hoof back " I'm ok, hoofs are pretty much invincible " Deer chuckled " But see, the Scorpion is defending its Close one, Just like you defend DoveWing. You shouldn't hide your Relation " Deer spoke. " But it's against the warrior code! " ScorpionHeart responded " Listen, Do you love her? " Deer asked. " Yes " ScorpionHeart responded, his ear twitching slightly. " Would you give your life for her? " Deer asked, to witch ScorpionHeart responded " Of course! " and rose to his paws. " Then don't hide your love, Embrace it, now, I have to get your traveling herbs ready " Deer spoke, and stood up, walking back to the cave. ScorpionHeart smiled. " Yeah, embrace our love " ScorpionHeart smiled, and looked up ahead, a White dove was pecking at small seeds. ScorpionHeart lunged towards it, and caught it, he plucked a Single Feather of it, and put it in his Pelt. ScorpionHeart picked up the shell of a Scorpion, plucking its tail of, and carried it and the Dove back to the cave. " DoveWing? I got you something " ScorpionHeart meowed, and placed the dove in front of her, and Put the Scorpion tail around her ear. " What is that...? " DoveWing mumbled. " It's a ScorpionTail, now we will always have something to rember each other by, even in separate clans " ScorpionHeart purred, and showed her his feather. " Your such a goof, come here " DoveWing purred, and ScorpionHeart laid down besides her, purring loudly.