10. Peter, Tell Me Your Story

"Okay, now, do you play?" He asks about the guitar when they got to his room. After he makes her sits on the bed and he sits on a chair next to it.

"Yeah! I do, but just playing, you know, I'm not good at it. I didn't play it for long long time" she stops when he starts to play random melody she doesn't know

"When did you start?" He asks as still playing the melody

"Um, Middle school" she gives him a short answer

"tell me more! What was it like?"

"Are you really gonna play soundtrack while we talk?" She asks, he doesn't answer but goes on playing his music so she goes on her story "Um... It was good. A guy taught me."

"Your middle school boy friend?" He interrupts

"No, just a friend, but yeah! He was hot. I had a crush on him but nothing happens we were just friend."

"Why?"                                                                                

"Um, I was just a kid, he was a senior back then" He slows his music, somehow she thinks it comes sweeter and sadder "Did you play it sad on a purpose?"

"No." he lies "go on your story, What happened to you and him?"

"What always happens: Life" She answers, tries to be emotionless. He stops playing.

"Did you steal the line from Summer on a purpose?" He mimics her former reaction and continues playing his music "Really, what happened?"

"He left the town after graduated, I've never heard from him since" she answers with sad smile

He stops playing immediately and asks like he never heard something more stupid. "And you stop playing just like that?"

"No! When I left the town for college I didn't take guitar with me so... that's why I didn't play it lately"

"Left the town? I thought you grew up here"

"No, I'm from Texas" She answers with a smile and flashes back of home.

"but you live at the little ma'am, I thought you were the old lady's granddaughter" He says in confuse

"No!" She answers and laughs "I mean, the old lady is a very generous person. When I first got here and applied at her shop for a position, everything was so new for a teenager. This city was so big and I was so confused. When she knew I'm alone in the city and you know, so poor, so eager to chase my dream,she let me stay with her. I thought I'd just stay before I could move to the dorm but she asked me to stay with her. I'm so lucky I have my scholarship pays for the accommodation so I don't have to stay at the little ma'am for free"

"it looks like you have to work so hard to keep the scholarship" He observe.

"Yes. It requires good grades" she admits. He's interested in her. What makes a girl such a giver, she barely has enough for herself yet she wants to share and she does share. "enough about me! How about you! Tell your story, Mark"

"Uh, Marianne, since we're like friends, you can call me Peter"

"Are you sure?" Marianne asks, squinting her eyes

"Yeah! I start to think it sounds stupid" He admits

"It's your idea" She replies like it's the most obvious facts; it's his idea and it's stupid. "So... Peter, tell me your story" She tries and watch his reaction.