48. Ever After. [The end]

Bruno wakes up in the morning and finds himself lying on Marianne's arm like a pillow and her another arm wraps around his body. His naked body presses against hers. Bruno smiles to himself, preparing for another perfect week in New York before he flys to London, get back to L.A. and then he'll fly to Brazil to be with the love of his life.

It's not like he's gonna give up on his whole music career but just no concert tours and a little less public appearances, less live shows. He wonders how the fan are gonna react to their little angel if they find out.

Marianne wakes up a little while after him. She cooks him breakfast and excuses herself from the rehearsal he has to attend. She promises that she'd be here when he gets home.

And she is.

She's sittng on the couch as he gets home after the rehersal. She's in her jeans and simply white t-shirt. She also has the guitar on her lap and his leather jacket lies on the table before her.

"Are we going anywhere, babe?" he asks and glaces at the jacket

"I just got here" she doesn't answer his question directly.

Bruno smiles at her.

She smiles back.

He bends down to give her a butterfly kiss but when he pulls off, she locks her arm around his neck and presses another kiss on his lips, and she kisses him, and kisses him, and kisses him, like she wants to absorb every little bit of the sweetness of his love into herself.

"Wow, what was it for?" he asks after she finally pulls off. She doesn't say anything but pats the couch next to her. He sits down there.

"How about your day?" she asks with a bright smile

"good" he answers and smiles as bright at her. Marianne looks in to his puppy eyes and sinks herself in the happiness in them. "not too good without you"

"I like your dimples" she says out of nowhere

He giggles and keeps his eyes on her for a while then he take of his hat and places it on her head. "looks good with your outfit today and looks glogious with that jacket"

"I love you" she says "actually, I prepared for this little speech"

"Is there a surprise?" he asks

"There's a surprise." She admits

"I can never know what you're gonna do next" he implies "I love that"

"And I love how you always be so stubborn." She teases "and how you used to walk in the little ma'am and pretended that no one knew you. And how you drink your coffee. And how you wake up when you smell food. And how you think you can buy everything with your money. And how you walk with me in the evenings.

"Bruno Mars, I've loved you long before we met, and Peter I've loved you long before I call you by this name."

He smiles and says "I feel like I love you since forever"

"I do love you since forever" she says with a light smile. "but it's never been right. It still isn't right. I pretended that I didn't love you when you said you loved me for the first time but what else could I do. I came here everyday and loved you like crazy and there was your girlfriend and fame and stuff.

"but I still love you so much. Do you ever love someone so much?"

He doesn't answer.

"it feels like you're screaming your love in your eyes but no one can hear a sound. You love that person so much that you almost feel ashamed that someone could be that important, that without them, you feel like nothing. No one can understand how much it hurts. You feel hopeless; like nothing can save you"