47. Saint Marianne

AN: Well, this is a little short chapter I manage to write before I publish the last chapter real soon.
I reallyenjoy working on this story so I hope you guys enjoy it too :)

-----------------------------

Bruno comes back from work and finds Marianne sleeping on the couch in his apartment. He smiles with himself and carries her in the bedroom. He gently lies her down on the bed before he goes to the shower. When he gets out, she's under the blanket so he simply slips himself in with her. He holds her close like he should. And he feels like this is the feeling he longs for his whole life.

The next morning, Marianne wakes up in Bruno's arms. She didn't remember if she walked here by herself. She thinks she fell asleep on the couch before he gets here. When Marianne opens her eyes, Bruno is already awakes. He's doing something on his phone. When he sees her look up at him, he smiles.
"Why are you awake?" she sleepily asks "Are you hungry?"
He laughs "My life is not all about food"
She chuckles and turns her back on him. He pulls her even closer into his arms.
"well, it's about food and music" he corrects "...and you"
"cheesy" Marianne comments.
"check this out" he ignores her comment and holds out his phone in front of her. "you little angel"
"yeah?" she asks and takes the phone. "Sandra?"
"yeah, it turns out that she's a fan account owner or something" he explains while she reads the article in his phone. "She wrote about you like you're an angel came to save her."
"She writes about how she met me in every little detail, literally, every little detail" she stunnedly comments as she's reading.
"Wait 'til you see the fans' reaction." He says with a smile
"What?! How can they figure it out that I was the girl in the gossip?"
"My fans are not stupid" he defenses as she scrolls down to the comments where the fans go crazy and compliment Marianne, each and everyone.
"This is awkward, I'm in this fandom as well" she complains but he can hear the smile in her voice.
"This is feeling great" he says as he presses a kiss on her shoulder. "to have the fans love my girl"
"We loved Chanel" she speaks in the fans' behalf.
"There're already enogh girls in the picture, baby, don't bring in more"
She laughs "They really like what she wrote. I feel like a saint"
"You are a saint" he whispers and kisses the back of her neck.
"Hey, can I ask you something?" she asks and turns to face Bruno
"oh, this is not gonna be good"
"Rita Ora has a dog named Bruno" she says
"she has?" he asks, surprisingly
"Do you have something to do with that?"
"No" he denies immediately "I don't even know that she has a dog and it's named Bruno"
"I won't name a dog after you when we break up" Marianne says "It's weird"
"no, we won't break up" he says and gives her a deep kiss. After several seconds, he pulls off to ask "Do you like dog?"
"I'm a cat person"she whispers. "don't worry about Geronimo"
He looks down in her eyes, wondering how she can know what he's thinking about
"He'll be fine with you" she says. He smiles back at her.
"He'll be fine with us" He corrects her. She says nothing about Geromino. She just chuckles.
"I love you" she says. "don't forget it"
"I love you too" he says back "I love you so much that I want to drive to Vegas and marry you, right away"
She laughs
"Let's get married" he says as he sits up like he meant every word he says "Really, Mari. I've been waiting for you for my whole life!"
She laughs again and pulls him down on her body. She plants a kiss on his lips until they leave the whole wide world of reason behind
"Guess it a yes" He says inbetween the kiss.
She pulls off and answers "It's a no"
"Never mind" he says "I'll keep asking 'til you say yes"
"You can't say weather you're gonna love me for the rest of your life or not in this small amout of time." She warns "We've knowm each other just for months"
"I'll say: let's just see" he tells her and presses a kiss on her lips to end the conversation.

This free day, Bruno spends all of his time with her at the little ma'am. It's the true happiness for them, just like old days. Marianne is so sweet all day long. She smiles, she laughs and she kisses him every time she has the chance.
The evening is always the best part of the day. Where they wander around the city with their hands full of bread. Marianne takes him to the time square where she meets her performer friend. She has him waiting for a couple songs while she plays and sings with her friend.
Bruno stands in the crowded street, keeping his eyes on her happy face. He's sure more than ever before: she the one he's been looking for. He'd never find anyone better than her. She changed his life. At least, from now on, he's willing to follow her lead to become a better person.
Marianne glances at him and give him a smile while she sings. Bruno swears that's the smile he'd give up the world for.