26. Fine Line

Through days, Bruno spends his sweet time in New York with clearer feeling, while Marianne goes to college and spends every evening with him and feels like it's her blurred dream. Everything is more than she could ever ask for. The situation goes on for so long that she allows a deep part inside her heart to wish it'd never ends

Today, as everyday, Marianne comes back from college and finds Bruno at the little ma'am. Both he and Greg seem to get along well lately. Greg even lets Bruno help him in the kitchen sometimes. And after the bakery's closed they, Bruno and Marianne, would wander around the city until the night falls. Then when the sun goes down they'd be in his room. He usually writes songs and she's in the kitchen cooking dinner.

So does today, Marianne is in the kitchen and about done with the cooking when Bruno goes out of his room.

 "Smell delicious!" He says from another side of the counter

"I wonder what on earth wouldn't smell delicious for you" she says as she place the dishes on the counter

He shrugs for her opinion and grabs the dishes to the sofa. Marianne follows him there. When he puts down the dishes he turns back to her and says "I have something for you?"

"yes?"

"Close you eyes" he orders

"what?" Marianne asks, wondering if he's playing some pranks on her

"Close your eyes!" He repeats.

 Marianne sighs but shuts her eyes as he says. Bruno takes of a necklace from his neck and has trouble putting it on her.

"Can you pull you hair up?"

She sighs again and pulls her messy hair up. She shivers a little when she feels some thing cold around her neck.

Marianne opens her eyes and takes a look at the necklace around her neck. She sees a thin golden necklace with a cross charm, she recognizes it's Bruno's, but there's another thing hanging there. It's a thin plain golden ring.

"you like it?" He asks after let her appreciate the gift for a while.

"Don't tell me if this is the one you wore in 'just the way you are' MV." She says with her eyes widen

"it is"

"Oh my good lord! I'm freaking out"

"um... don't be" he says when he notices that she literally meant it when she said she's freaking out. And due to her reaction, he decides not to tell her about the ring.

"I really am freaking out!" She iterates with uncontrollable smile

"calm down!" He tells her and grabs her shoulder "It's looking good on you. I like you to wear it everyday if it's possible"

"Why are you giving this to me?" she asks

He squints and thinks for a second "I think you'd like it, you know, since you're a fan"

She's out of words for a while then she hugs him tight and says "I don't like it! I love it!!!"

"Glad you like it" he says after she let go. He turns to concentrate to the food.

"it's not, like, an important thing for you, is it?" she ask out of nowhere with her face ready to say 'it's too much, I can't take it' in any second

"No" so he lied "I like it and have it for a long time but not like my number 1 favorite or something"

She smiles at him "Ok. You know? if you tell me it's important I wouldn't take it" she tells him. "Anyway, thank you so much"