43. Fan Girls

That evening, when Marianne slips herself into Bruno's car as he picks her up, he laughs on her outfits. She pouts in her shorts and long sleeve T-shirt. Her hair's let down naturally to hide the hickies. Her face looks like a middle school girl behind her glasses. She holds some cookie boxes on her lap like girl scout.

"Don't look so sexy as yesterday, do you?" he mocks as he takes a hand off the wheel and gets on to hers.

"ha! funny, Peter" she answers sarcastically. "I barely have clothes to wear because your damn marks"

"C'mon, Mari, you look adorable in this outfit!" he comments defensively. He really does like her in this look. He likes it when she's not revealing her pale skin.

He kisses on her hand when he sees she still pouts aimlessly.

"so..." he begins, tryna changes the topic. "What was that professor up to?"

"Just... working things" she answers, eviting to tell the details. The smile fades from his face when she talks about working, cause it means going away even further from him. Marianne notices it, she says "Hey, we'll have to talk about it real soon, ok?"

He nods silently. Marianne chuckles and kisses him softly on his hand.

When they reach the place, it turns out to be some kind of radio station. There's a bunch of people in front of the building. They're holding some cardboard with Bruno's name on it.

"Hey! Those are your fan!" Marianne says excitedly

"yeah" he answers with plain voice.

"Do you think I should go with you? Should I go first or follow you later?"

"You're going with me" He says and gets off the car and opens the door for her, like a gentleman but when he offers her his hand she denies and hands him the cookies boxes instead.

"I'm a friend" she reminds him as they walking to the building.

As they reach the fan, the crowd tries to have connection with him. What surprise her is, Bruno doesn't bother to stop by and talk to the fan or sign the autograph or something. He just keeps saying "Thanks guys, I'm getting late! Sorry, sorry."

She doesn't know what he's talking about, cause he's here like an hour before time. It's getting hard for Marianne to catch his fast foot step and things get worse when a fan grabs her arm.

"I've got something for him!" that girl hurriedly tells her "please ta—"

Marianne can't stay 'til she finishes her word. Bruno catches her arms and drags her away from the fan.

"I'll be back" Marianne moves her mouth to that fan as Bruno drags her inside the building. As soon as they're out of the public sight she asks "don't you like, chit-chat with the fan and sign the autograph or something?"

"Nah" he answers as they get into an elevator. "If we do it, they'll keep coming and life will be harder. The fan will go everywhere you go."

"I don't know. I just feel bad. They're coming for you"

"yeah! But we're not coming here for them" he answers, in her opinion, coldly.

"Ouch! That's kind of hurt!" she complains and looks away like she's talking to herself.

Bruno looks at his baby and chuckles. He steals a kiss on her cheek before the elevator opens.

"What?!"

He doesn't say anything but walking out the elevator. She follows him to a prep room where the band is, well technically, the band, because there's only Phil and Phred there. She sighs. 'the band, huh?' she thinks