19. Red Heels

The next day after she finished her daily routine, Marianne comes to check on Bruno again. This morning there's no unwashed dishes and no bottles of beer. She notices only his shoes on the shelf. 'maybe he's asleep' she thinks to herself. Marianne left the coffee on the counter and cooks some breakfast for him.

Bruno usually wakes up when he smells food but there's no sign of him coming out of his room so she decides to check his room. Instead of Bruno, the first thing that catches her sight is a naked girl sitting on his bed, smoking. And Marianne means NAKED when she says naked.

"shit" Marianne exclaims and looks down on the floor automatically, the girl's wearing red heels. She turns her back on the picture. "I'm sorry, I don't know, I see nothing!"

"Marianne?" the girl says with a tap on Marianne's shoulder. She turns to her direction. This time she recognizes

"Monica!?" Marianne says and realizes that her friend is still naked so she turns away

"yeah!" Monica accepts, she walks to stand in front of Marianne like everything is normal. "I thought you were dating Dr. Allison." Marianne turns to another direction and sees Bruno lying naked on bed so she turns to Monica again and she's still naked. Marianne close her eyes, thinking why everybody is naked and should her begin to take her clothes off. "I don't know Bruno Mars and you are together. I wouldn't fuck him if I knew."

"Um..." Marianne says with her eyes closing "I'm not with anyone and I'm leaving"

"No no!" Monica says and drags Marianne to sit on the chouch "stay. I'm leaving anyway"

Marianne sits still, turns away from naked Bruno and Monica who's putting on clothes

"What's happening?" Bruno murmurs.

"Oh! Mine! I shouldn't be here when he wakes up" Monica says

"Mari!?" Bruno says from the bed.

"see you at college Marianne" Monica kisses Marianne's cheek and rush to the door. Bruno gets up and put on his pants hurriedly.

"Don't you stay for Breakfast?" Marianne asks Monica and then feels stupid to asks even she doesn't know why.

"No, thank you" Monica answers her awkward question anyway. She caught Bruno's putting on his pants. She gives him a dirty look and waves him "Bye Bruno"

"Bye, Arika" He says to her in wrong name. Monica gives him a wink and leaves.

Marianne sits still on the chair Monica put her on, turns away from Bruno, blaming herself for this awkward moment. She shakes naked Monica picture from her head.

"Nobody stays for breakfast after a one night stand" Bruno says besides her ear. Marianne turns and slaps on his tommy automatically. Bruno laughs and ignores the pain from her hand because of her blushing face "I'm hungry"

"Have my coffee" Marianne says after he complained about the ice melting and ruining his coffee "It's not so warm but still better than yours"

He takes a sip but asks her any way "ain't you gonna drink it?"

"Nah, I can't eat anything after what I just saw" she complains

"I'm not that bad!" He disagrees "Neither does Arika"

"Arika who?"

"The naked girl you met" He answers "you know her, don't you?"

"Her name is Monica!" Marianne tells Bruno and he murmurs something sounds like 'whatever', why can't he just remember the name of the girl he just slept with. "She's in my college, same major. Actually, she's my lab partner."