29. What'd happen?

Marianne's waked by soft sound of her phone humming on the drawer next to the bed. With her eyes closing, she can feel the weight of Bruno's arm on her waist and his warm chest from her back. Marianne reaches out for her phone and takes a look at Bruno and decides to walk out so she won't wake him up. Before she can get off the bed, Bruno pulls her waist back and lies his head on her lap.

"It's okay, I'm awake anyway" he whispers

Marianne signs before she takes a look on her phone. She doesn't sure which would freak her out more, the contact that showing or the number 13:20 which means she's late for the afternoon classes and Bruno missed his flight.

She inhales deeply before she answers the phone "he..."

"Where on earth are you!?!" Dr. Allison shouts through the phone right after she answered "Why didn't you show up in class?"

"Sorry, professor. I just woke up" Marianne replies in low voice and hears Bruno sighs behind her "it was kind of a tough day yesterday."

"What happened? Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm okay, now, prof." she whispers

"Was you hurt or something?" He asks, doesn't put any effort to hide the concern in his voice

"no.. no. I'm okay."

"are you tryna hide something? Cause you sort of whispering. Where are you?"

"Umm..."

"don't, Mari" Bruno whispers from the pillow. Marianne takes a sharp look at him who's giving her a naughty smile "don't tell him where you're"

"Where are you?" Dr.Allison repeats

"I'm at Peter's" Marianne answers her professor

"god! Mari!" Bruno hisses

Marianne covers her phone and turn to Bruno "Shut up Peter! You're using his name in vain!" She turns back to her phone, ignoring Bruno who's murmuring about god's name which isn't god.

"you're at his place instead of college?" Dr.Allison ask in steady voice

"I didn't mean to skip the class..."

"so you really just woke up?"

"ye..."

"At his place?" he cuts up. Marianne sees the whole point and starts to regret telling all the truth "answer me."

"yes"

"okay. I know what I need to know" He says sharply and hangs up before she can even inhale to talk back.

Marianne signs and tosses her phone on the bed

"Bad news?" Bruno asks. Taking a glance at his smile makes Marianne upset even more

"yeah, you've just missed your flight back."

"I know" he says and laughs in his throat. He sits up to look into her eyes and places his hand against her cheek "but how can I leave a crying baby who falls asleep before she drinks her milk?"

"and now she's late for her class and you missed your flight"

"You were crying and hurt and... I mean what else could I do? I can't just leave you like that"

"Yeah, you're right. Thank you" Marianne says and smiles for him.

Bruno pulls her closer and leans to kiss her. He moves without any regarding, like every movement is naturally beyond his control. Marianne lets herself go with his touch and his movement, sweet and sincere. He pulls off and kisses her again softly on her lips.