33. New York (Again)

Marianne, on the other hand, can almost say that she has her life back. After she keeps telling herself everyday that she's having a good life, Marianne herself, is starting to fall for that. She steps back to where she's admiring Bruno Mars' work as a little fangirl as she used to.

It's easier to fall for that fangirl things since Bruno seemed too busy to make any contact with her since he replied her text about his album, so today, as usual, she works full time at the little ma'am since she's graduated and has nothing to do till she moves to Brazil next month.

"Hot Latte and 2 muffins please" A familiar voice says on one late afternoon as Marianne checking on the account at the cashier. She stops but dare not look up for a while, thinking how she'd react to his present.

"Do you have coffee?" that voice asks again. Marianne looks up and see who she's thinking

"Peter..." she says and smiles to him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for the promoting" he answers with a big smile, trying to make it cool, not running to her as he wants to. "So are you gonna get me my coffee?"

She laughs and says "I have to watch the cashier"

"Greg's in the kitchen?" He asks and heads to the kitchen without waiting for the answer. "I'll go check on him"

He disappears in the kitchen for a while, leaving Marianne alone at the cashier. When he gets off the kitchen, his arms are full of cookie boxes.

"Are you gonna take all of that?" Marianne asks as he puts it down on the cashier counter "What're you gonna do with them?"

"I'll have it for the band" he answers and smiles. Marianne's heart skips a few beat. Oh god, she misses that smile.

"Here you have like... two dozens boxes" she counts the cookie box

"Yes" Greg says from the kitchen door "And here's another 2 dozens"

"What?!" Marianne exclaims "How many staff do you have? An army?"

"Just sell it, little one" Greg orders as he puts them on the counter. "You've been baking it way too much"

"I can't carry 'em on my own" Bruno brings up another problem.

"The little lady here will help you" Greg says without asking her permission.

"I have to watch the cashier" she argues

"I'll take care of it" Greg says and gets into the kitchen "I'll be back in a minute."

"Yeah! You the boss!!" she yells after his back before she turns back to Bruno "Are you really gonna buy all of this?" Marianne asks. When he nods she pulls out her wallet and pays it with his credit card

"I forgot you have that!" he says in excited voice as she's packing the cookie boxes in handbags "You haven't used it in the last few months, do you?"

Instead of answer his question, she rises another one "Where I have to deliver all this stuff?"

"at a studio in the upper town" he answers and takes the handbags as much as he can.

"Why don't you just have someone with you?" she asks as she takes the left handbags

"I didn't expect you to bake as much cookie, baby" he says with a crooked smile. The B word runs the warmth down her spine "I've never known you're so interest in baking this much"

"Greg! We're going!" Mari shouts in the kitchen's direction, ignoring his ironic comment.

"I'm filling you in, right now. Just go!" Greg shouts back so they just leave the bakery house.