37. Join the band

Marianne gets back to the little ma'am, just in time to help Greg in the rush hours. After that, Greg gets back in his kitchen and leaves her to watch the cashier, that's when she sees someone unexpected.

"Hey, Marianne" Eric greets "W 46th street, right?"

"yeah!" she responds. She's surprised that Eric's really serious about the cookie and by the way, he's not here alone. Phredley's standing there with his bright smile

"Believe it or not, I really am here for the cookie" Eric says.

"Actually we have much more than cookie and all tastes better than cookie" Marianne suggests.

"I'll have the cookies and some cakes" He orders

"What're you guys doing? Tea party?" she asks as she inputs some information in the computer.

"Tea party is a better idea than your punch yesterday" Eric comments

"Just for the record, adding vodka wasn't her idea" Phredley informs defensively.

"sorry for leaving you deal with Bruno" Eric apologizes as Marianne walks to the shelf to get his order.

"It wasn't that bad, actually. Except for the part that he kept singing all the time" she says as she puts cookies boxes in a paper handbag "Orange cake or chocolate cake or cheese cake?"

"1 each" Eric answers, obviously doesn't care what cake the band's gonna consume.

"Last time that Bruno was that drunk he sang Bieber songs all night" Phredley tells

"Guess what? Last night he told me to sing Nicki Minaj part in Beauty and a beat" Marianne says as she puts the cakes in boxes.

"why don't you join us at the rehearsal?" Eric asks out of nowhere "Since Bruno and Phil's at the interview and we don't have a real vocal list there"

"I don't think I can do it" Marianne speaks her mind. She wants to but she really thinks she can't do it.

"You'll be doing great" Phredley eagerly supports Eric.

"so it's your idea to bring me to the rehearsal, huh?" Marianne smiley asks "Why do you have the rehearsal at the first place? You guys don't even have the vocal list"

"It's Phil's actually" Eric corrects her and curiously turns to Phredley "Why are you so supportive, anyway, you don't even know the idea" then he decides to let it go and turns back to Marianne "C'mon. Do it for fun like you said!"

After a moment of persuading, Marianne ends up going with them to the same studio she went with Bruno yesterday.

Not like the first time, most of them notice her presence and someone greet her and in no time, she sinks in cheerful and amusing environment of the guys. They play and sing and having a good time.

Later that afternoon, Phils comes to the studio alone without Bruno, he says Bruno's joining 'em at the club they're playing this night.

As soon as Phil gets to the studio, the rehearsal turns in to a mini party where they just plays random music and finds out that Phil's voice and hers get along so well.

"We should do this more often" Phils says after they finish a slow love song that's not really the band's style and has absolutely nothing to do with Bruno Mars. "Okay everybody that's it for today, 10 minutes and we'll be leaving for the hotel"

As everybody walking around the studio, minding their own business, Marianne sits down at the edge of the stage and watches the chaos quietly.