12. Spring Break

She wakes up a few hours after noon. It's quite the kind of way she planned to spend her first day of spring break, just sleeping and be lazy. Only her plan didn't include her favorite professor and his bed.

She decides to go buy something from the glossary for his fridge before leaving. She gets to the little ma'am in his t-shirt and his coat. She waves at Bruno at his table as she walks up to her room, trying hard to ignore Greg's mocking whistle. She changes back to her cloth and goes down stair to faces her ridiculous spring break.

Bruno moves to an apartment on the street, he thinks in term that he'd be in the city for some time, an apartment is better than a hotel room. Everything is going quite perfect for him: Phil and the kids enjoy their spring break so much. He comes up with several songs. They agree to get back to L.A. at the end of the spring break.

Bruno finds that NY is quite inspiring, full of endless people with endless stories. Marianne is such a helpful friend. They spend almost every evening together on the street, meeting people-or friends as they called. Bruno can walk to homeless by himself. He knows how to gain their trust and learn to look at things in her way. Sometimes she helps him with his music. She knows nothing about music besides how to sing and play guitar but as a person who built her own billboard chart in her iPod, she helps a lot.

He thinks that Marianne is such a mysterious person. There're so many things about her that's hidden deep in her mind. She always surprises him, like the way she looks so well-cut that she must have been raised in another century and must be in faculty of arts or literature or philosophy but she's in biology.

He found out that her dream is to explore the Amazon Rain Forrest. He's quite amazed because he thought that it was a very common dream for kids, like being an astronaut or a rock star kind of dream. Almost every kid dreamt about it but not so many still follow the deed but she does. Just like he once did.

He's shocked as hell when she came back to the little ma'am in an over size boy coat. She slept with her teacher, an adviser or something. She mentioned this adviser sometimes about how helpful and how good he is. She didn't say that she slept with him but this fact he can assume it himself. He doesn't even know if it's against the church or not but it's not quite right in many people's view. But is it wrong? Who cares? She's a badass and he is a badass that's what important.

In an after noon, he was spending his time in the little ma'am as usual. The shop was empty, the baker was at the cashier and Mari was chatting with him. She asked about his tattoos with sparkling eyes.

"Peter, do you ever look into the mirror and regret it?" She asked but fixed her eyes on his anchor tattoo, running her finger lightly along the outline.

"Yeah, sometimes" Bruno shrugged and went on "Especially when you wear some shirt that doesn't match it. But I think they're cool. Like, man, every times I see it, it brings memories back,like I go back to experience the memory itself once again"

"Just like going back to experience the memory itself once again?" She repeated and looked up at him.

"Exactly"

"How you feel when I touch it?" She asked with her finger still ran on his tattoo

"I don't know" He knew how it feel but he didn't really understand her question so he said "I feel like you touch it"

"Really?" She asked as if his answer was full of riddle she'd never understand. "I just wonder. I don't have any tattoo"

"Yeah, not every body has tattoo" He said, still didn't really understand the whole tattoo interesting of hers.