46. Wrong Things, Right Things.

Bruno wakes up to the strong summer light, the strongest that New York can give, that shines through his window. The room is as quiet as it can be in New York. He sees wrapped up sandwiches on the drawyer next to his bed. The sanwiches come with a note from Marianne:

'don't wanna wake you up.' That's all it says.

He chuckles with himself before eating the sandwiches. After he's done with his daily business, he decided to find Marianne at the little ma'am, to help Greg in the kitchen and to chit-chat with her, just like good old days.

He knows that, lately, things have been complicated like shit and Marianne often driftes away to the simply old time. Sometimes he feels like she is more loved but less happy. She hates wrong things. She hates hurting people. She hates cheating. She hates everything she's doing. He knows. He knows it all too well.

Anyway, he doesn't found Marianne at the little ma'am. "she hasn't been here since she left with you yesterday. I thought she was with you." Greg tells him

"She left in the morning. I thought she'd be here"

"well, she's not here." Greg simply says "So since like you guys are kind of together. She's your responsibility, dude, you're the one who should know where she is, what she's doing and is she ok. Is she okay?"

"I guess so" he murmurs as he recalls his memmory.

"you guess so!?!" Greg furiously asks. "you really don't deserve her, dude"

"I don't know! okay?" he talks back "if she's not here, well, thank you. I'mma find her somewhere else."

He walks off the shop and gets to his car, thinking about how Greg said that he doesn't deserve her. Greg was right. He doesn't even know where she is, what she's doing and is she okay. He shouldn't have fallen back asleep. He doesn't even know what the girls talked about. But it's not a big deal, is it? She waked up and went back home. How could he know if something was wrong?

He sighs. Greg was right. He really doesn't deserve her.

But he'll try harder.

He will.

He's about to deal to Marianne but Phil calls in his phone first.

"Hey, dude. I think you'd come to the studio ASAP" Phil informs

"Why?" he annoyedly asks "This is a free day."

"you remember that private show you turned down? You said he'd have to pay you triple."

"aha"

"well, he agrees to pay you triple" Phil says

"what?! Is that matherfucker crazy?" Bruno exclaims, thinking about turning that dude down again but then Phil says

"7 songs and a little meeting"

He sighs. How can he turn down that amount of money. "Okay, i'll be there"

"good! We'll be waiting here"

"Is Mari there" Bruno asks, just in case.

"no... why?"

"She wasn't in the room when I woke up and she's not at the bakery shop so maybe she'd be there"

Bruno hears Phil asks the guys in the background if anyone is planing to have her here but no one has any idea so he just says thank you and hangs up.

Bruno deals to Marianne and when she answers he immediately asks "Baby, where are you? I'm worried as hell!"

"It takes 3 hours for you to notice that she's missing" A man's voice answers. He checks out the number and it's really Marianne's "It took me like 30 minutes when she didn't show up in class."