14. Meow

As Bruno's messing with his music, far in the east, where He used to have breakfast, at the little ma'am, Marianne helps Greg with the preparation before she leaves for her second day of this semester. She goes to the same college with different feeling.

"Hey!" A voice comes with a tap on her left shoulder when she's walking in the hall way of the department's building. She turns in that direction and finds Dr.Allison' smiling at her "Are you free this noon?"

She doesn't stop walking so he walks with her. "Why?"

"I need you at my office at noon" He replies while walking by her side "Don't be late I know you don't have classes this afternoon"

"Can I say no, Professor?" She asks sarcastically.

"Believe me, you wouldn't want to" He says, stops in front of a lecture room's door, pulling her back to where he's standing "Where're you going?"

"To class, of cause" She answers.

"Is your class 'Resource Management at LA102' ?" She's stunned by his question. This professor has to seriously stop stalking on her.

"Yes. Why?" she hisses her answer. He doesn't answer but points at the door they'd just walked by. She looks in the direction and sees a sign above door saying "LA102" "oh! That's the room"

"Yeah"

"Okay, thank you" she says and walks away

"Noon, at my office, Miss Lester, Don't be late" He says in loud voice after her back.

She turns around and gives him a shut-it look "Yes, Professor".

She walks into the room. Even she's wasted her time on Dr. Allison, she's still much early. There're not many people in the room.  She takes the back seat. A few seconds later, a girl sits down next to her.

"Hey! Marianne" She greets.

The girl has unnatural blonde dyed hair and tanned skin, dressing in tight black dress that couldn't show her skin more and a leather jacket. Her name is Monica, most people calls her slut, Marianne has no idea if it's true or not but this girl is a very great person and she's good to her. Marianne has no reason to dislike her.

"Have you ever been late just once?" Monica asks

Marianne laughs instead of answer the question. It's 'never', she has never been late but it must sound stupid so she just says. "I'm glad you're in this class as well"

She didn't lie. She knows many people in the college but Monica seems to be the only one she really sees her as a friend. People look at her like she is insane to be friend with this slut even she has other choices. Marianne is so sweet that everybody wants to be her friend but once she chose to stand by Monica, there's no going back, including her teacher's pet reputation and the abnormally perfect grades. It's hard not to talk behind her back.

After class Marianne walks to Dr. Allison's office, 15 minutes early. She knocks on the door and looks around to see few pairs of eyes looking at her curiously. She wonders what it'd feel like to be Monica, everyone looks at her just because she walks pass by.

"Come in" Dr. Allison says from inside of the room. Marianne walks in and sees him reading some books. He doesn't even look up to her.

"Professor?" She calls. He holds out his finger to shut her.

"Roby!" She changes into nick name basis. He lay the book down on its page and looks up to her.

"Marianne, I have someone I'd like you to meet" He says as she sighs and puts a bookmark in his book, close it and lay it properly back on his desk. "You'll meet him as Miss Lester, my best student of all time"