5》Get A Grip

I'm awoken by the knocking of my bedroom door.
Oh god.
The thought of Clint's murder comes back to me, like remembering a nightmare. Except this one is real.

Shut up and let me handle this.

I walk over to the door, running my hand through my hair, opening it, Newt's stood the other side. A worried and upset expression across this face.
"You okay, Newt?" I smile sweetly.
Newt rubs his forehead, "I'm just glad you're okay."
"What's going on? Is everyone alright?" I frown, grabbing my jacket from my bed.

"Not really, Clint's been bloody murdered." Newt bit his lip as we began to walk across the glade.

Stupid boy, doesn't know he's standing right next to the murderer.

You killed Clint, it was you!

I may of thought it all out, but who picked up the knife, sweetie? Why didn't you stop me? Now, shut up, if you don't want to be convicted.

Sniffing, I wipe my eyes.
"He's dead?" I use a perfected look of horror.
"Yeah, someone took a knife to his throat." Newt sighed, as we reached the medical tower.

We stand in the doorway, watching the tragic scene before us. Minho and Alby are sat with Jeff, while the Baggers pick up the body of Clint.

Jeff's face makes my heart pang with guilt.
I've only been here a few weeks but it's enough to know that him and Clint were best friends.

Jeff had tear stains on his cheeks, his eyes were bloodshot and filled with lost hope. I guess it was him who found the body.
Minho tried to comfort Jeff the best he could- but Jeff seemed to just want to be left alone, probably to cry.

Alby read the message on the wall again and again.
"What the shuck is that supposed to mean?" He paused in thought.
"It means we better bloody get out of here." Newt spoke up, making the three turn around and see us.

"Fallon!" Minho smiled, stepping away from Jeff.

"Did anybody actually see anything?" Alby folded his arms.
"No, and it's not like anybody wanted Clint dead!" Newt sighed, throwing his arms up.

"You two go, we'll deal with
this." Alby nods to Minho and I.
_____

An hour or so later, Minho and I are running silently through the maze, just thinking to ourselves.
"You think Alby will tell everyone what's going on?" I ask Minho, trying to make conversation.

"He might not tell them the whole story, they'll be a shucking mob." Minho wiped his beaded forehead.
"Right," I nod looking at the floor.

"You look so beautiful, you know." Minho smiled shyly.
Get a grip, man or she'll go and kill you next. I swear I'm going to throw up.
I'm not going to kill Minho! He's so sweet.
We don't have time for emotions, stupid girl.

"Fallon? Sorry-" Minho stammers as I realise I haven't spoken at all.
"Thanks, sorry. I was just," my mind races on how to explain that I have an evil twin living in my head "Thinking." I look up, my eyes wide.

Minho smirks "You're so sweet. So modest.".
Colour floods my cheeks, as I can't help but smile.

You are gross. Stop, just stop.

Minho steps closer, our faces inches apart.
He tilts my chin up, with his fingers, as we press our lips together, kissing shyly.

I think I just threw up. This is horrific just stop already!

My first kiss.
Less than 12 hours after my first murder.

The only thing that draws us apart is the fatal sound of a Griever's scuttling movement...

A/N---
Grieverrrrrr oops.
Sorry I'm in a weird mood.
And this chapter sucks👽