지킬 수 없는

지킬 없는 - jikil su eobsneun : untenable

(especially of a position or view) not able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection.

__

The smell of the breakfast Hongjoong was making drifted into Seonghwa's nose as he sat on the edge of the guest room bed, his feet dangling off of it.

He ran a hand through his wet hair and stared at the phone in his hand.

He had just gotten out of the shower and was dressed in an old t-shirt of Hongjoong's along with a pair of his sweatpants as he really didn't feel like wearing yesterday's clothes that he'd been dancing in all day.

He was about to call Junho.

If he could ever find the courage.

He sipped the latte that was somehow still warm from earlier and pressed the call button, cringing in nervousness as he brought the phone to his ear.

Junho picked up on the second ring.

"Seonghwa?" He said, voice pure confusion.

"Hi, Junho. I-"

"Where've you been? You haven't answered any of my calls or texts."

Seonghwa sighed.

He wanted to tell him it was no longer any of his business where he'd been, but he wasn't here to fight.

"I muted you. But I want to meet up. I want to talk to you." He says as Hongjoong walks in, handing him a breakfast sandwich and sitting on the bed next to him.

"I think that's a good idea, love."

"I'm not 'love', anymore, Junho. When's the next time you're free?"

Junho sighs, and Seonghwa knows he's pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

"Uh, I can do lunch time today? At the coffee shop?"

Seonghwa hates how he's expected to know Junho's lunch break time.

He hates even more that he actually does.

"Yeah, okay. Bye." He says, and Junho bids him goodbye before Seonghwa hangs up.

Then, Hongjoong speaks, "He called you love?"

He sounds - and looks - so disgusted, it makes Seonghwa giggle.

"Yeah. He always did that when he'd done something wrong, or when someone came around and he wanted to put on the whole happy family act."

"But you aren't together anymore, so why did he do it this time?"

"I don't really know. Maybe he's trying to get back in my good books."

Hongjoong swallows beside him, and Seonghwa looks at him with a smile.

"I have to go back to Yunho's after meeting him, I already know he's going to kill me for not telling him where I was last night. Can you give me a ride there please?"