기정 사실

기정 사실 - gijeong sasil : fait accompli

a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept it.

__

Seonghwa wiped his mouth clean and took a deep breath.

He was miles away from home at Hongjoong's parents' home.

He couldn't stay in this bathroom forever, and now was most certainly not the time to have a breakdown.

That had to wait, he convinced himself with his eyes squeezed shut.

He thought of Hongjoong, ignoring the nausea that came with it, and he remembered what he had always told him.

"Who made Junho do this?" He whispered the question to himself, his knuckles white as they gripped his arms.

"I can't control him. I don't have anything to do with him or his actions. This wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault."

He faced the floor, eyes still clenched tightly closed, repeating "it wasn't my fault" to himself again and again, trying his best to block out the poisonous thoughts telling him to hate himself.

Telling him Hongjoong would hate him.

But it's been three minutes, Seonghwa has been counting, and he needs to go back to the kitchen.

He squeezes a little bit of toothpaste out from the tube left on the sink and brushes his teeth with his finger quickly in an attempt to freshen his vomit breath, before splashing a little water on his face.

"You're fine, Seonghwa. It isn't your fault. It isn't your fault." He says, looking at himself in the mirror, before patting his face with the hand towel and making his way back.

When he re-enters the kitchen, Hongjoong's whole body flinches as if he wanted to stand up and his face screams worry.

Seonghwa gives him a shaky smile before sitting next to him in his spot at the table.

"Are you okay, dear?" Mrs. Kim says, looking concerned.

"Yes, thank you. Sorry, I just- um, well... I know Junho. It was just a big shock."

"It's quite alright." She smiles sympathetically, "Now eat up, dear."

Seonghwa nods and starts on his dinner, which is delicious, and he feels Hongjoong squeeze his knee under the table.

Just then, Mr. Kim says, "So how do you know Junho, Seonghwa-ssi?"

Seonghwa swallows his rice.

"He's my ex-boyfriend, sir." He says quietly.

Mr. Kim's eyes widen a little, but he says,

"Ah, I see. Do you know why he would want to harm Hongjoong's career?"

"Abeoji, What did the company say to you? Did you solve the problem?" Hongjoong interrupts, hand ever comforting on Seonghwa's knee.