불꽃을 내다

불꽃을 내다 - bulkkoch-eul naeda : scintillate

emit flashes of light; sparkle.

__

After the fight, they both made a promise.

A promise that no matter what, they wouldn't walk out on each other during a fight.

If one felt like they were too angry to talk, then they could go into a different room, but they promised that they would not leave the home until they had at least tried to talk it out.

They didn't fight often so they hadn't tested their promise yet, but something within them knew it would stand strong.

No, they didn't fight.

If anything, they had grown closer and more clingy afterward.

Their disagreement had made them realize just how much they loved each other, and just how much they respected each other for the individual ways they had handled it.

Seonghwa had gone over to Hongjoong's house every evening since then to cuddle, bake, play games, and even just to sit on Hongjoong's lap and be in his presence while he worked.

Seonghwa had worried briefly that perhaps he was spending too much time with Hongjoong, but he had quickly dismissed it.

Seonghwa was comfortable enough with his current state of mind to spend however long he wanted with Hongjoong and still know that he was independent.

You don't have to be by yourself to be independent.

Seonghwa knows that now.

It was one of the evenings where Hongjoong was drowning in work.

A new fiscal season was coming and the company had to create a new concept.

Hongjoong, being chief of operations, was in charge of it all.

So, he was at his desk typing away at his laptop, and Seonghwa was sitting comfortably on top of him.

Seonghwa was straddling him, chest pressed against chest and head comfortably nuzzled in the crook of Hongjoong's neck, letting the sounds of Hongjoong's tapping against the keyboard, as well as the shoulder kisses Hongjoong would regularly supply, lull him to sleep.

That was until his phone rang.

Usually, when the pair were spending time together, they'd ignore their phone unless it rang twice, telling their friends to ring twice only if it was an emergency.

But Seonghwa was trying to get a job, and if someone called regarding one of his applications, they wouldn't ring twice.

So, Seonghwa hummed at Hongjoong, telling him to get his phone from the back pocket of his jeans.

Hongjoong did and squeezed Seonghwa's hip with his other hand.

"Flower, I think you should get this." He murmured.