운명

운명 - unmyeong : fate

the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.

__

Seonghwa pursed his lips together, wind ruffling his hair.

He played with the hem of his hoodie, barely able to look up from the ground.

"Hwa, are you okay?" Yunho asked, snapping Seonghwa from his thoughts as he looks up at him.

"Hm? Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Seonghwa replied, but it wasn't too reassuring since his voice was void of any emotion.

"Hwa... don't worry. They'll come." Yunho smiles sympathetically.

They were currently both on the pavement outside Seonghwa and Hongjoong's house, waiting for Seonghwa's parents and brothers.

It was the morning of the wedding, and Seonghwa and Hongjoong's fifth anniversary, and Seonghwa was just praying to god that his family would actually come.

He wasn't even sure if he was going to invite them.

He hadn't spoken to them in years and the last time he had, his mother had made it clear that she didn't want anything to do with him.

Sure, it was in the heat of the moment, but still.

She had said it.

But, after discussions and arguments between him and Hongjoong, one of them resulting in Seonghwa sleeping at Yunho and Mingi's for two days, Hongjoong had finally persuaded Seonghwa to at least send his family an invite.

In usual circumstances, Hongjoong wouldn't have pushed as hard as he did, but he knew Seonghwa.

He knew that his fiancé wanted his family there.

Needed his family there.

But he was too scared to reach out.

He knew that if Seonghwa didn't, he would regret it forever, and that wasn't something Hongjoong was going to let him do.

In the end, Seonghwa was thankful that his fiancé cared enough to push him to do what he really wanted.

In the end, it had only made him love Hongjoong more.

Now, Hongjoong was staying at Wooyoung and San's place, following the tradition of not seeing their fiancé until the wedding, but he had sent a total of one hundred supportive messages to Seonghwa, knowing that he'd need them.

Because who knows whether they were really going to come or not.

That's why Seonghwa only gives Yunho a sad smile as Dami pokes her head around the front door.

"Seonghwa-ya, Yunho-ya! The chicken is ready!"

And so with a heavy sigh, Seonghwa concedes, turning back and walking into the house.