동종의

동종의 - dongjong-ui : homogeneous

consisting of parts all of the same kind.

__

[ don't mind me with this 6k word update 🤧 ]

__

After that last performance, Hongjoong made a vow to himself that he would perform at least once a month.

And he stayed true to it.

He wrote songs more and more often and he kept up with all of his work, dedicating Saturdays to working on both lyrics and his job all day, so much so that Seonghwa would come around to his home after work (The theater was far closer to Hongjoong's home than it was Yunho and Mingi's, but even if it wasn't, Seonghwa just enjoyed coming home from his enjoyable but tiring job to Hongjoong's home, warm and full of love) and find Hongjoong still at his desk, not having eaten dinner.

He'd scold him gently whilst making them both some food at 10pm, but Hongjoong would do it again the next week regardless.

However, even with all of this work on top of him and his demanding hobby, he always made time for Seonghwa.

Every evening and every Sunday, Seonghwa wouldn't work on choreography and Hongjoong wouldn't go near his desk.

Those times were all about each other and their friends.

Months went by, and this didn't change.

They kept a balance, both of them saying no to overtime unless they absolutely had to, and if they did, the other would understand wholeheartedly.

Soon enough, it became one year since they had met.

A giggling Seonghwa had convinced Hongjoong to take him out for dinner because it was a Saturday and Seonghwa worked until 9, but the next day they could both sleep in so it was okay.

So that led to them going to the only diner that was open at 10pm, throwing chips at each other and scarfing down food, later on complaining of indigestion as they lay on Hongjoong's bed.

Seonghwa found himself staying over at Hongjoong's almost every night, but still, when the thought of moving in together entered his mind, he'd almost vomit.

After a lengthy discussion about whether they should celebrate their one year on the day they said 'I love you' or on the day they officially became boyfriends (just because Seonghwa was impatient to be spoiled the way he knew he would be on the anniversary day), they celebrated (one year after the actual boyfriend date) by the both of them taking a day off of work, and Hongjoong took Seonghwa anywhere he wanted.

And that means he took him on the kitchen counter, on the sofa, in the shower, and most surfaces in Hongjoong's home, testing the limits of their stamina before cuddling up with movies and a home-cooked meal they prepared (almost burned) together and falling asleep snuggled together on the sofa.

Because even though Hongjoong could afford to show Seonghwa anything, Seonghwa only ever wanted him.

Seonghwa only ever wanted to be spoiled by him, his kisses and his cuddles, not money or anything else.