Chapter 3- Texting

Veronica and I finally arrived at my house; I was for some reason wanting Bryant to text me as soon as possible. I walked in through the front door to find Avery trying to do her homework. “Jasmine, can you help me with algebra?” she asked as soon as I shut the front door.

  “Not now, Avery, later.” I answered back while walking towards the stairs.

  “You always say that.” She said with a pout on her lips.

  I turned around when I was on the third step when she had said that, “How do I always say that if today was both our first days of school? We don’t have homework during summer vacation, Avery. Besides why do you have homework on your first day of school?”

  “Because my algebra teacher was born in hell, and thinks we should go through the same crap he did when he was a child.” She said with disgust, she obviously already hated one of her teachers.

  “Who is your teacher?”

  “Mr. Berry.”

  “I had him when I was in your grade, except I had him in history, so I know what you’re going through in that class, but I can’t help you now I’m expecting a very important text.” I told her with an almost serious face.

  She smirked and raised an eyebrow, “It’s from a boy isn’t it?”

  “Yes, don’t tell mom, you know how she acts when she finds out when she knows about stuff like that.” I told her. It’s true, if my mom even figures out I have a crush or a boyfriend she gets way excited, like too excited. She has literally been planning my wedding since the day I was born.

  “Only if you help me with my homework.” She said. My own sister was blackmailing me, that’s just not right.

  “No.” I said as I turned around to continue going up the stairs.

  “Mom, Jasmine has a crush on a boy!” she yelled to my mom.

  “You’re a brat!” I yelled at her. She just smiled and stuck her toung out at me.

   My mom came running into the kitchen which me and my sister had our little disagreement. She ran towards me. “Is it true?” She asked with a wide smile.

  My phone rang, thank God. “I got to go take this.” I walked up the stairs and made my way to my bedroom. I sat on my bed to see who I got a text from. It was from an unknown number, it must be Bryant, and I was correct.

  ‘Hey Jasmine, it’s me Bryant.’

  ‘Hey’ was all I replied.’  ‘Thanks for the number.’ Was all he replied with you could just tell he nothing to say and just wanted to talk to me.

  ‘Yeah, no problem.’

  ‘I was wondering, are you doing anything Saturday night?’ My eyes widened when I saw that message.

  ‘No, nothing at all.’

  ‘Cool, do you think you’d want to go to the movies Saturday night, or something?’ I smiled wide, and started screaming inside.

  ‘Yeah, sure, whatever.’ I replied casually.

  ‘Cool’ was all he said.

  ‘Cool, um I got to go.’ I had to tell Veronica what just happened.

  ‘OK, bye.’

  ‘Bye.

  After we had said our goodbyes I had saved his number into my contacts. When I was done I went through my contact list to find Veronica’s number; as soon as I found it I pressed call and she answered immediately. “Hello?”

  “Guess what just happened to me?” I said excitedly.

  “What.” She sounded a bit worried.

  “Bryant and I were texting and…” I got cut off by Veronica.

  “Wait, he actually texted you?”

  “Yes, and he asked me out to the movies Saturday night.” We both screamed through the phone.

  “My mom is home I got to go.”

  “K, Bye.” Then I hung up.

Please Comment, Vote and maybe even fan.