Chapter 13- Surprise

Today is Veronica's speicial day, I have the back yard decorated with her favorite colors, I have black and blue balloons every where a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' banner and the giift table; I may have gotten her more than 5 gifts. I had her sister Karen's number and I called her and invited her siblings over. When everyone got to my house I called the birthday girl over. She's like family so she's aloud to just walk in my house, which is perfect because we have to yell surprise when she enters.

  She had arrived and walked through my house yelling my name; she had finally went out to the backyard and everyone yelled 'SURPRISE!' She smile wide showing teeth, "I told you guys I didn't want a party, but I'll take it." She said as she walked all the way outside.

  I can tell she was having fun.She opened all of her gifts except for the puppy which I was dying to see. "Thank you guys for all the gifts." Veronica said.

  "That's not all of them." We all heard Anthony say. He walked towards Veronica with a black box with a gold bow on top, "The last gift is from me." He said. He handed her the gift and she took it.

  She took the lid off the box and i heard her gasp, "Oh my Gaud." She said as she took out a black pug wearing a white collor with mini blue spikes, it's eyes were blue too. I guess Anthony took her favorite color a little too seriously, "She's so cute, thank you." She said kissing Anthony on the cheek. She looked back at the puppy and down at the collor and she read the dog tag. She looked back up at Anthony with a tear falling from her eye; I say it's just teen hormones but I'll let Anthony think it was from the tag. She got up from her seat and walked to him, "I love you too." Then she kissed him for what seemed like an hour.

  "Can we keep it PG, ther is a 6 year old among us." Karen yelled poining at Angela, breaking them apart. Man, she's cranky, I don't remember being that crany when I was 15.

  "Ok, we shoud get our bathing suits on because it's time to swim." I yelled.

  "I don't have a swimsuit, I didn't bring one." Veronica said.

  That's why I told karen to bring one for you." I said as Karen handed me the blue bikini with white bows and poka-dots to give to Veronica. Once every one was in their swimsuits I yelled to Veronica, "Birthday girl jumps in first."

  "Don't have to ask me twice." She said as she dove into the pool; odviously it was the mermaid talking. We watched as her legs turned into silver white tail ripping the bottom half of her bikini. She then came above water, "Your turns." She said for our cue for all of us to jump in.

  It was kind of weird having mer-people in my pool, but at the same time it was pretty cool. Karen's tail was a mint green kind of color, and James was the only merman, well merboy (because he was just 12) his tail was dark blue. Angela was the only non-mermaid because she was only 6, mermaids don't get their tails until their 10th birthday. I'm glad my pool  is 4 times larger than a normal pool, because if it was normal only they would be swimming in it because their tails are like five feet long.

  "Why do you keep touching my tail, Anthony" I heard Veronica ask her bother of a boyfriend.

  "Because it's pretty, like you." Anthony said with a smirk.

  "Hmm, I have a feeling you just want to see what I look like when I dry."

  "No, wait what do you mean when you dry what do you look like?"

  "Ha ha, very funny, like you don't know." She said teasingly.

  "I don't know."

  She raised an eyebrow, "Uh, naked."

  "Oh, no, I don't want to see or do anything until your ready."

  She smiled at him and he leaned in to kiss her, but before he had th chance to she went under water and swam over to me on the other side of the pool. "Well, Hi, miss I love you too." I told her.

  She chuckled, "Hi Jazzy. So how are you and Bryant doing?" She asked looking behind me to see Bryant.

  I turned around to look at him playing Marco Polo with Avery, Katira, James, and Angela. "I don't know, it's like Anthony telling you 'I love you' didn't affect him at all." I turned back to face her.

  She tilted her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

  "I mean you're lucky, you have a guy who said he loves you after dating you for 2 weeks. I wish Bryant would tell me something like that."

    "Jazz, you can't control what he says or does, neither can you wish he does something you want. Just wait a while: he's probably thinking it just not ready to tellyou it." She was right, I just have to wait till he's ready: I don't want to freak him out by saying it first so I'll wait. I gave her a tight bear hug. "Uh, mermaids need to breath too."

  "Sorry." I said pulling away from her with a smile.

A/N

hey my baby ninjas I am so happy you guys made over 20 votes so thanks i love yall

30 votes 5 comments for next chapter or im not posting til then.