Chapter 12- Veronica's Birthday

“Please?” Anthony begged Veronica.

  “No, I don’t want anything.” She said frustrated with Anthony.

  “But it’s your birthday; you got to want something for your birthday?”

  Veronica looked over at Anthony with a smile, “Your right, I do want something for my birthday.”

  “Great, what is it?” He asked happily.

  “Uh, let me think, NOTHING!” She shouted. Ouch, should have seen that coming. Veronica slammed her locked and walked ahead of us all leaving us behind; then she just left without us.

  Anthony just had a dumbfounded look on his face, and looked at me, “You’re her best friend right?” He asked. I just gave him a ‘No Shit Sherlock, I thought I was her pet dog named, Fluffy’ face. He realized what he had said and returned to his question, “What kind of things does she like?”

  I look over at him with a ‘you’re an idiot’ face, “You guys have been dating for like 2 weeks and you still don’t know what kind of stuff she likes?”

  “I know, it’s sad, but she doesn’t talk that much.”

  “I beg to differ.” I said. He gave a puppy dog eyes kind of look to get the info about his own girlfriend out of me, “No, stop looking at me like that.” I said covering my eyes. I made a bad choice to peep through my fingers because as soon as I did I gave in, “Ugh, fine. She likes anything black and or blue, well as long as it’s not too girly. She’s not a fan of shoes, but if you got her those Converse or All Stars that go just under her knee she’ll be happy. She is absolutely in love with horses; so if you dress up as a horse I’m sure she’d be fine with that.” I joked. He just looked at me; I guess he thought I was serious. Then I remembered something Veronica had been wanting since the day I met her, “I know what you can get her.” I yelled as I jumped.

  “What, tell me.” Anthony begged.

  “She has always been bugging me on how much she wants a puppy, so you should get her a puppy.”

  “Hey, she already has a dog, it’s me.” He smiled. I gave him a ‘You have got to be kidding me’ look and he looked down at his feet not smiling anymore, “Ok, so puppy it is.”

  “Good, now you know what kind of things she likes and what she wants.” I said with a smile.

  “Yeah, do you what kind of dog she likes?” He asked me. I am seriously going to kill this boy.

  “Oh my Gaud, dude just get her a fucking puppy.” Bryant yelled for the whole world to hear him.

  The principle came walking by as he said that, “Mr. Kings, watch your language or you will see me in my office.”

  “Sorry Principle Jones.” She just nodded and continued her walk to God knows where. Bryant looked back at Anthony and narrowed his eyes at him, “Just get the damn dog.”

“Ok, I’ll get the dog.” Anthony finally said.

  The bell for first period had ringed and Bryant and I left Anthony to go to his first class. We had made it to the class Bryant had sat on the left side of me because Veronica was on the right of me. I looked over at Veronica and smiled at her and she smiled back. I wanted to do something for her birthday ‘Throw her a surprise party dumbass’ my mind told me. Oh, yeah I can throw a surprise party for her; man, why didn’t I think of that ‘You did think of it dumbass’.  Oh, right, man my self-conscious is an ass.

  “Jasmine, did you hear anything I just said?” Ms. Seeders asked.

  I shook my to get my head out of the clouds and looked up at my idiot teacher standing in front of me with a raised eyebrow, “I’m sorry miss, what did you say?” was all I asked. She repeated the question and I answered with correct answer. Lucky me.