Chapter 6- My Mate

We had moved into the living room where Bryant and I were on the couch with his arm around me, with his mother; while Anthony and Veronica were still in the kitchen getting a lecture from the dad.

  “You found your mate!” his mother said with a huge smile on her face. She walked and sat next to me and gave me a hug.

  “I’m lost.” I said when she was done hugging me.

  “You are part werewolf right?” she asked me with a raised eyebrow. I just nodded. “Your mother hasn’t told you werewolves find mates?” I just shook my head no. “Well, there is a time when a werewolf finds someone that they will spend the rest of their lives with; they both feel a pull towards each other like they can’t stay away from each other for too long. Did you not feel anything?”

  “I did,” I said trying to take in the little info she has given me, “but shouldn’t we have felt something earlier; I’ve known him for a week and I didn’t feel anything till today. Isn’t it supposed to be instant?” I asked just out of the curiosity.

  “No, that’s just in books and movies; it’s very rare if it’s instant, but in the beginning there will be a feeling but not huge. How did those two react to each other when they first met?” she was referring to Veronica and Anthony.

  “They couldn’t keep their eyes off each other, or stop smiling.” I answered.

  She just smiled, “Both my boys have found their mates.”

  “Then why didn’t Anthony react to his dad like Bryant did?” I asked.

  “Anthony hasn’t gone through the faze of actually wanting her as much as Bryant has for you.”

  “Oh.” Was all I could say.

  I guess his mom was done talking to us because she left. I looked over to Bryant and see that he was staring at me. When I met his eyes a smile became clear on my face. “I guess that date is canceled due to family issues.” He said with a sad smile.

  “I guess.” I said. He had a look on his face as if something was bothering him, “What’s wrong?”

  “Ah, it’s nothing.” He said. I gave him a look knowing that he was lying, “Okay, no need to look at me like that, I’ll tell you. I wanted to wait a month to ask you but it’s bothering the shit out of me now after what happened today.” I just look at him confused as hell. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

  I smiled wide showing teeth, “Yes.” I gave him a hug after I agreed to be his girlfriend.

Sorry its short please notify me of any mistakes....thnx please comment vote and maybe even fan. I'll make the next chapter longer.