Reason One ; III

LIGHT KISSED YOUR FACE, you could hear the gentle singing of birds from afar as your eyes slowly opened, being greeted by a golden ray of light that radiated through a large window.

A yawn fell from your lips as you felt your body slowly stretch; the soft sensation of pillows and a thin, white blanket sheltered your body.

You raised your fist to your face to slowly rub your eyes.

The fresh aroma of crisp cleaning products filled your senses, making your nose sting as you scrunched your face tiredly.

Your E/C eyes finally began to crack open as you brushed H/C hair past your face with your fingertips, allowing your eyes to finally focus on the room around you.

The walls that enclosed you inside of the room were a clean shade of white, with all clean, white furniture to match.

Your eyes slowly fluttered to your bedside table: there was a bouquet of flowers drenched in the water of a vase, as well as a few cards with sayings such as 'Get well soon!' and 'Wishing you well!' on the front.

With a sudden frown and furrowed brows, your eyes immediately set for the door, swiftly reading what it said at the top in silver writing:

WARD A,
PRIVATE:   ROOM 309

Your head began to ache with thought as you realised where you were: a hospital.

You lay back in the comfy, cream duvets of the bed, closing your eyes peacefully. Your lips parted to breathe in deeply; your body slowly relaxing as the first-evoked fear began to drain.

You were unsure on how long you had been there for, but judging by the cards it had been at least a day.

You glanced to your right, your eyes landing on a small bouquet of honey-yellow suckle flowers that stood closely to you. The hazy smell radiated onto you as you leaned closer, relaxation filling your senses with every lazy breath.

You smiled to yourself, raising your hand to see the note on the side - wanting to know who had gave them to you.

From, Hange & Erwin

You smiled warmly at the gift your friends had given you, your fingers tracing the intricate patterns of the glass vase.

You heard the door knock.

"Come in." You replied, tilting your head up at who had visited you.

"Morning, Y/N." A mellow voice beamed, Hange entering through the white door with Nanaba swiftly following behind, "I see that you are awake."

You nodded tiredly.

"It's about time." Nanaba smirked, her fingers lacing around a chair to bring it closer to your bed, "I haven't seen you in four whole years and that was how you said hello? By turning up half-dead and barely able to speak during a mission?"

"You know me," You chuckled weakly, Hange sitting at the edge of your bed with their legs crossed, "I've always been one to make an entrance, right?"

Hange let out a sigh, "Well, you have Levi to thank for saving you."

Your head tilted, "Levi?" You felt the throbbing slightly return to your skull as you placed your palm against your forehead, "Who-?"

Nanaba's brow arched down slightly as she lightly kicked her foot against your bed, "Y'know Levi.. The one who saved you; black hair; short; constantly looks like he's woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

You placed your finger against your lip with thought.

Hange hummed, "Side part? Undercut? Grey eyes?"

And that was when you remembered him.
They watched your eyes slowly lit up, your head leaning back as you remembered the man you had been so taken aback by; the same man who had saved your life.

"Oh-.." You swallowed, your lips pressed together as you suddenly felt your chest tighten, "Levi? That's his name?"

Hange nodded, giving you a faint thumbs up, "Mhm."

Nanaba kicked one leg over the other, casually leaning back into their chair: "That was probably the first you've met him right? He joined the Scouts not long before you left; I doubt you would've met."

Hange raised an eyebrow, yet didn't respond to what was being said.

Their amber eyes slowly dragged along your bed before their pupils finally landed upon your bedside table, "I must say, Y/N," They smiled kindly, tilting their head, "I never realised how popular you are. You have quite a lot of cards."

Nanaba dusted off her raven trousers, "The doctor said you're due to be discharged from the hospital today." She began in her usual, raspy tone, "You don't have any major injuries; besides, Levi managed to care for most of your wounds before we got here, anyway. He did well."

Hange beamed weakly at you, "Levi takes pride in what he does.." They chuckled, "You should thank him when you next see him; any other Scout probably would've just slapped a dirty cloth on your wound - Levi cleaned and dressed your wounds."

You glanced back at the honey-yellow flowers at your side, "Are you friends with him?"

"Who? Levi?" Nanaba scrunched her nose, "I'm not sure if you'd call us pals, but we get along. Hange and Erwin are closest with him."

A small smile slowly began to form on the edge of Hange's lip, "Why'd you ask?"

"No reason." You shook your head innocently, "Just curious, that's all. I've really never heard of him."

As your two friends began rambling on, still catching you up on things that occurred when you left, you slowly began to remember pieces of what had happened to you when you'd gotten so injured.

You remembered what the 'unknown soldier' had asked you so solemnly:

'You.. don't remember me?'

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐘/𝐍.

𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥: 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞..

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞.

- 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢