Reason seven ; II

YOUR HEAD TILTED, "Why do you ask?" You murmured with a raised eyebrow.

Levi leaned even closer to you, you could feel his breaths against your lips, "Just yes or no, do you trust me, Y/N?"

You felt your chest tighten with unease, your mind filled with curiousness over what he was about to do that would require your trust. You swallowed nervously, attempting to speak but nothing managed to escape from your lips.

You pressed your lips tightly together before finally giving him a stern nod.

His cherry-pink lips curled into a faint smile before extending his arm, his fingers swiftly lacing around yours as he began to lead you away. His fingers were slender and warm; protectively tight around yours - his touch brought you comfort without even trying.

Your other hand clasped against his wrist as he picked up speed, causing you to aimlessly jog behind him as you struggled to match his surprisingly fast pace. You could feel the veins in his arms and wrist as your fingers tightened around him.

Levi strolled down the lane, then jogged, making his way towards the tallest building in sight; his hand slowly slithered around a gateway, turning his shoulder to press his free index finger to his lips, signalling a 'shush'.

Your brow raised as you silently closed the gate behind you, your fingers still locked tightly with his.

He made his way up a set of tall, metal, ebony stairs that snaked up the 'private' building, slowly stepping closer and closer to the rooftop. Each stair rattled beneath your feet.

He finally dragged up to the bricked roof of the nameless building as your eyes swiftly began to admire the view that ranged from miles around.

Forests of emerald green; villages; the golden hue of the sunset sunset; the tall wall that loomed around you; you could see every detail of Paradis from that view. You felt your lips ease into a care-free smile as your fingers slipped away from his.

You stepped forward, his fingers lace around his gear behind you.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" You softly spoke, gazing at Levi from over your shoulder, "The view is lovely from up here."

His eyes stayed averted to his silver gear, "No." He coldly replied as you felt your brow perk, "I just needed somewhere high to jump from."

Your eyes widened, unsure on if he was joking, "Say what-?"

Levi's shoulders shrugged as his figure stepped closer to yours, "Well, I couldn't use my gear on the pathways, it would get in the way of civilians."

"I'm confus-"

Captain Levi scoffed before you felt his body become now just an inch away from you: you analysed every sense. The gloss in his the silver of his eyes; the crimson cut above his sharp jaw from the mission he had just been on; the smell of lavender from bushes he'd fought above just under three hours ago.

His fingers slowly raised, tracing along your waist. He had a confident expression on his pretty face, his chin raised with the edge of his lip slightly tilting upwards.

You flinched at Levi's touch, feeling his dark eyes slowly trickle up to stare into yours, "You said that you trust me. That still counts right now, right?"

You swallowed, "I-.." You began to hesitate, before closing your eyes, "Yes. I trust you, Levi."

"I'm glad."