The Black family will change

Harry stared at his headmaster, the man arrived a few days after he received a summons from the ministry for his use of underage magic.

He thought it was a load of crap ! How else do they expect him to defend himself against dementors?

"Professor what are you doing here?" He hedged, hoping to Merlin his odd headmaster would provide him with a straightforward answer.

"I'm here to bring you somewhere a bit more secure" Harry stared dubiously at the man, didn't he say this was the best place for him because of his mothers protection? Then where could be more safe.

Once more he was left out of the loop not only that but Hermione's letters were terribly uninformative other than he and her were supposed to grow up together according to her— their mothers were best friends but he knew something more happened, what is was he didn't know but something happened to his best friend and he wanted to know what.

"Sir" he asked grabbing hold of his luggage "Is Hermione alright? She hasn't been saying much in her letters and I'm afraid —"

Dumbledore stopped him with a hand to his shoulder "Miss Black is alright in fact you'll be seeing her soon" he assured. That bit brightened his mood a bit.

•••••••••••••

A few days before Harry arrived at 12 Grimmwauld place, the home was filled with palpable tension. Hermione barely acknowledged her uncles' existence much to Kreacher's joy.

The Weasleys were fine or most of them were except Molly and Ronald were slowly fraying her nerves— she was irritable and mostly annoyed with the matriarchs interest in her relationship . Then there was the silent argument Fleur and Hermione shared.

They appeared to be as close as possible outside the confines our their shared bedroom much to Molly's displeasure. The woman had repeatedly told them it wasn't proper for them to share a bedroom if they were in a relationship.

This was another one of those times, Hermione sat beside Fleur, the French witches' face settled into a polite smile, a very false smile but nonetheless she didn't see the need to point it out since especially when she knew just how much Molly annoyed the French witch.

"I say it's very improper for two young witches like yourselves to share a bedroom! Hermione is better off sharing on with Ginny"

Hermione poked listlessly her breakfast forcing back an exasperated eye roll. A few like Nymphadora found absolute pleasure in her misery. She promised to get back at her second cousin for enjoying her displeasure as much as she did.

"Why is it not proper Mrs Weasley?" She asked masking her irritation like a professional.

"Fleur of age an adult in wizarding law and you are only fifteen! It's improper for someone as young as yourself to be in such an intimate relationship" Hermione noticed the men at the table redden with embarrassment, her uncle choked on his pumpkin juice while the French witch beside her remained perfectly impassive.

"I see no reason we shouldn't, I'm turning 16 next month. Fleur's only a two years older than I am." She spoke calmly "as for sharing a room, if you're concerned about us engaging in sex? The answer is we are not." She deadpanned "Not that it's any of your concern Mrs Weasley with all due respect of course." The comment was an afterthought but she didn't want to rile the woman up further.

"Not yet at least" was the elegant comment made by the French witch beside her.

Tonks burst out laughing at the aghast expression on Molly's face while Lupin stared at his meal finding it strangely intriguing. Hermione refused to blush but pinched her girlfriends thigh in disproval which caused the French witch to smirk.