Hermione loses composure

Hermione stood near the door of McGonagalls office, she needed to enter the room , she needed to talk about her career aspirations —

With exams around the corner she made sure Harry had a study guide but the boy seemed worn and tired.

Snape's classes were taking much from him, not that she could blame him, she was nearly a 100 percent sure Snape enjoyed torturing poor Harry. Either due to past grievances from his father or perhaps the professor was just a piece of work.

Hermione nodded at Lavender, the young witch looked as pale as a ghost no doubt due to a certain gunky toenail.

Hermione already knew the toad hag was in the office observing their meetings— there was no way she'd miss out on such a golden opportunity to patronize the students, Hermione though didn't care at all, whether she was there or not her focus would be her favorite professor.

"Come in Miss Black."

Hermione entered the office, her gaze sweeping it. Just as she thought, Umbridge was there in all her glory dressed in a peach matching suit, an outfit that looked much too small for the plump woman, a clipboard in her hands a few feet away from her transfigurations Professor.

McGonagall offered her a genuine smile, one Hermione easily returned but ignored the peach eyesore.

"As I'm sure you're aware Miss Black with your O.W.L.S being around the corner , you're here to talk to me about your future career. This is to prepare you for it, we may choose particular subjects that fit that career — over the next two years is to prepare you for your future career."

Hermione nodded and sat comfortably in the proffered seat.

"Now Miss Black is there anything you aspire to be ?"

Hermione pursed her lips thoughtfully " Honestly Professor I might eventually find myself in the ministry. As for what department.. perhaps an unspeakable"

McGonagall's eyes widened slightly "An Unspeakable Miss Black? Are you sure?"

Hermione nodded "I know it doesn't receive much traction due to the secrecy around the postion—"

"Hem hem"

"But I believe with my grades in ancient runes, charms and arithmancy I'd do well in the school of thought." She finished completely ignoring the toad.

"Yes well as you say—"

"Hem hem"

"It's logical, your grades have been brilliant throughout your years at Hogwarts. The career is always an option, you've also exceeded in defense against the dark arts, potions , transfigurations and I believe you could even try an Auror, the magical law—"

"Hem hem"

McGonagall turned exasperated to Umbridge "May I offer you a cough drop for your throat Professor Umbridge ?"

Umbridge smiled sweetly, Hermione knew all too well that smile would only be followed by a scathing insult. "No thank you Minerva, I was only wondering whether Miss Black has the right.. temperament for being an unspeakable"

McGonagall gave her a dry look and turned back to Hermione "Miss Black if you're serious about this ambition. There's not much I can say other than continue upholding your fine grades. Unspeakable's aren't spoken of much due to the nature of their work. But it is an integral part of the wizarding world, one I'm sure you'll contribute too once you become one."

"Excuse me Minerva but are you sure you should encourage such .. such a timid girl into this line of work?"

Hermione bit back the offended scoff wanting to burst free 'her timid' instead of lecturing the woman she remained slack faced while McGonagall turned to Umbridge "Miss Black has performed consistently outstandingly in each and every class she's been in.