Fleurs promise of forever

Hermione rushed through the streets of Hogsmeade, they agreed afternoon in their last correspondence and Hermione was already 30 minutes late, she hoped the Veela wasn't too upset.

When she pushed open the door to three broomsticks, she found the place uncomfortably full, students enjoying butter beers, laughing with their mates , Hermione on the other hand searched through the crowd for a head of silver hair.

She stepped through the crowd, elbowing a few kids out of the way with a grunt. She reached the counter and almost sighed sadly, but her eyes fell on a French witch, sitting at the edge of the bar with a butter beer cupped between her hands. Hermione's house ring glinting underneath the poor lighting. A slow smile worked it way onto the young Gryffindors face as she made her way to the enchanting Veela, even without her thrall being used, Fleur attracted gazes from both witches and wizards alike, Hermione searched for jealousy within her but found nothing but smug pride surprisingly.

Perhaps due to the fact she was sure that none of the gazing witches and wizards had a chance in hell with the Veela.

She sidled up beside the blonde an apologetic smile in place "I'm sorry I'm late.." she looked around. Too many ears "I had an errand to run" she apologized sincerely

Fleur raised a brow, her expression aloof but said nothing instead she huffed and sipped her butter beer. She wasn't truly upset but she did have to sit here for the past 30 minutes being gawked at, something she was already used to but could happily do without. A few brave souls even tried buying her a drink.

"You're not upset are you love?" Hedged Hermione quietly.

"I hope you have a good excuse" Hermione nodded rapidly and pecked her fiancés cheek.

"I do, I promise. Would you like to get out of here? It's too rowdy for my taste."

Fleur set her half drunk butterbeer on the counter and nodded, she in fact rented a cottage for the weekend. She would make great use of it, even if Hermione cut their time together.

She stood to her feet and all but dragged the younger witch from the establishment. Once they were outside she slipped her hand into Hermione's. Her silence was slowly unnerving her younger mate, she could practically feel the girls unease growing. 'Good let her stew' she thought.

She slipped through the alley ways before strolling into a more private street, devoid of students .
The row of homes were widely spaced from each other as she lead the way to a white thatched roof cottage on the end of the street.

"Why are we here?" Asked Hermione slightly nervous , Fleur would only go silent if she was upset and Hermione was concentrating on not wincing as Fleur tugged on her injured left arm.

"A place I rented for the weekend. I didn't want to spend it on a room at three broomsticks, barely any privacy and much too loud for my tastes." Said Fleur decisively.

She found the keys for the cottage and opened the door, she had already brought her travel bag, for the occasion , a surprise for her Fiancé as well.

Hermione looked around the cottage it was cute, small and cozy. She loved it immediately, especially the lounge right before the fireplace, she could see herself curling up with Fleur while reading a book or simply enjoying each other's company. "It's gorgeous" she complimented.

"Mm.. I think so too, perhaps I'll buy it, you've got a while at Hogwarts after all"said Fleur casually.

"Then we should buy it, for both of us." She added emphasizing the 'we'

"Fine" groaned the Veela with a fond eye roll "we will buy it. Now come ma lionne. Tell me of your errand that took precedence over meeting me"

Hermione gulped harshly, she settled in beside Fleur, pulling her left sleeve down subconsciously an act that didn't escape the Veela but said nothing.