I've got a snake alright..

Hermione sat in her fathers study which kreacher said she needed to call her own, regardless the point was she was staring at her fathers journal intensely , she was slowly getting the hand of reworking the spells. She only had a few more to go before she could finally read it. A knock on the door pulled her from her thoughts.

"Come in" she turned to see a agitated, fearful looking Harry. Her mussed with the amount of times he run his fingers through it.

"What is it?" She asked concern etched on her face.

Harry paced the study anxiously— his voice slightly shaking "I'm dangerous .." he started "I mean.. I knew I had this connection with him" he spat "but what if I'm being possessed by him Hermione?"

Hermione stared at Harry a bit longer, she wondered whether she should laugh— waiting for the punchline . She blinked and realized the boy was completely serious. "Harry." She started slowly "You realize being possessed means you actually have to be at the scene of the crime yes?" She asked logically.

Harry pursed his lips "but.. but I felt that thirst for blood Hermione! What if , what if .. I was the snake or have one in me? I mean I can speak parseltongue !" He was getting louder with every sentence,

Hermione thought — he was quickly losing his composure, she kept her voice calm, instead of matching his hysterical one"Remember when Ginny was possessed by riddle?" She asked

He nodded "yeah.."

Hermione licked her lips and put her fathers journal aside "Well.. she experienced gaps in her memory, are you ?"

Harry chewed his lip but shook his head "No"

"Exactly, Harry you're not being possessed by him, that means you would've been in the ministry last night, the snake? I don't think you have a snake in you either.

Besides we've already concluded that the scar is a connection to Riddle. The killing curse is can only be cast with intent and feelings. You might just be feeling the residual blood lust, but you've never attacked someone Harry. And you definitely didn't attack Ron's dad." She took a look at him, "what even brought this on?"

Harry fell into the chair on the other side of the desk, "I went with the Weasleys to go see their father, moody and Tonks came with. When we left the room we overhead moody saying that they worried  I might be possessed by him.. Fred, George , Ron and Ginny heard. The look on Ron's face was telling .. I just thought maybe I should leave.."

Hermione frowned "and go where?"

Harry shrugged "I don't.. I don't know anywhere , where I'm not harmful to the people around me."

"You know I've always admired your courage Harry but sometimes you can be a bit of an idiot.
This isn't going to be solved by hiding yourself away from the world, it's not going to be disappear the moment you do. I know you might feel like everything's your fault but really. That's very egotistical of you. Voldemort attacked Arthur Weasley , he did so because he wanted to , Mr Weasley was doing whatever he was doing because he wanted to. There is no reason you have to blame yourself for the choices of others. You're only going to wrack yourself with guilt and pain that isn't yours to take."

Harry stared at her quietly "then .. then what do I do?"

Hermione shrugged slightly "what can we do? We fight and struggle until we win. There's no point in running when running will only take us further from the goal"

"Which is to defeat Voldemort"

Hermione nodded "Precisely, now if you're done thinking you've got a snake in your body, would you mind grabbing that book, might as well learn something while you at it."