Chapter 1 King

I heard she was heartless. Had no soul. The devil incarnate, in human form.
Piercing red eyes and long black hair.
I heard she was pretty tall too.
Fuck I'm scared.
I'm actually scared of my wife to be.

"Hey! Snap out of it" Levos says, waving his hand in my face.
"I know your a coward under all those muscles, but get a grip dude. You are our King. Get a hold of yourself.
Your really freaking out over some alleged rumors?"

"There not just some fucking 'alleged rumors' if it spread this fucking far and wide. How can someone so cynical be a fucking rumor?" I rasp out as my knee bounces under my desk and my hands fidgeting with my quil.

"What if she kills me in my sleep? What if she-"

"Shhh" Levos commands as he moves one of his elf ears in the direction of the door.

He stands straighter. "She's here."

Fuck.

"Gather everyone in the main hall to welcome Queen Circe" I try to say with authority to the only other person in this room but it just comes out as a shaky mess.

Levos nods and walks out the door.

Why did I agree to get married? There are so many other empires with widowed queens just waiting to get married.
But none of them were strong alliances.
None except her.
Circe.
Her name means 'Enchantress' or 'goddess of magic and sorcery'.
Pretty accurate.
Her name should be Keres though.
The goddess of death.
Rumor has it, anything she touches wilts, until there's nothing left.
And for the sake of my kingdom, I agreed to marry her.
Before knowing anything about her.
I don't get out much. So I've never heard of the stories about her.

How she killed for fun, for the thrill of it.
How she slaughtered governors and councils if she didn't have her way.
Every army she's faced, she won.
Leaving no one on the opposing side left to tell the tale.
But like I said, there rumors. She leaves no one alive as witnesses. No one to back up these stories.

I think there true though.
How could they not?
Someone so-

"Hurry!" Levos barges in.
"She's waiting." He says in a tight voice.

I stand to my full height, a little stiffer then what I would like to be. But who could blame me? I was fucking nervous. Well, terrified is a better word.

Somehow I find the willpower to move my feet, and start walking down the hall with Levos by my side and guards perched up every corner.

My Kingdom has a pretty vast population, so with a growing rate we had to, expand. My residence is the biggest, naturally. But we had to make it even bigger to make a Queen hall. For Queen Circe of course. And the halls are now wider.
About 15ft wide and 25ft tall. Light grey colored walls with fancy gold trim, some landscape paintings and dark sage colored rugs throughout the whole royal residence.

Growing up I always hated my face. It was hard for me to smile and show emotion.
My mother always said it was the worse combination with my height. She said if I look so mean and tall I would never find a wife. She said everyone would be too afraid to come near me because I looked like a scary fucking giant.
But right now? I'm really fucking grateful for this demeanor to hide how much of a scaredy-cat I really am.

Levos is pretty tall as well. All elves are really tall.
Levos was 6'5.
I on the other hand, was reaching 6'8.
I always hated my height.
Girls always tried to get with me because of my status, but when they met me in person. They ran in the other fucking direction. Like seriously? I'm not that fucking big.
Humans are of average height in this realm.
They are also complete wild cards.
Everyone has a chance to have quhal.
It's completely up to fate on how many you get and how strong they are.
Elves have heightened senses, and combat skills.
Also depending what type of elf you are, determines what specific quhal you get.
Wood elf's has stealthiness like no other, archery skills, heightened senses and can manipulate the earth to a certain extent.
Same thing with all the other types of elf's. Depending on the region where your ancestors settled in, determine the quhal you have.
Sun elf's, manipulate the sun.
Storm elf's manipulate storms.
Snow elfs- well you get it.
But Drow elf's, there different. There evil.
They're the only ones to have dark grey-blue skin and shiny silver hair. Whereas the others elf's have human toned skin with their respective hair colors, grey, brown, dark green, yellow- you get it.
And apparently they could fly.
Nobody has seen them for centuries, but there said to live in Circe's Kingdom.
Yup. Circe's Kingdom
Now you see why I'm so fucking scared?