Chapter 30 Queen

"I didn't know Seri and Syrian knew about your quhal." Kamau says in a hushed whisper as we walk to our respective horses that are placed in front of this big parade.

"I showed them my tricks awhile ago." I wave my hand, it's not a big deal.

"How long ago?" He questions.

I think about it for about two seconds. "The night I met them."

"What!" His eyes widen. "How many other people know?"

I list the people off on my fingers, "well Sansa and Selkie of course, the twins and Cela. And now you."

"When did you have time to tell Cela?"

I glance at him to see his head all the way towards me while we're walking, looking at me intensely.

"When I got the note, it would take too long to get back by horse so I used my quhal."

"How?"

"I'll show you later."

"Was I the last to know?"

"Stop asking so many questions. Yes but you won't be the very last, Levos, Rakia and Kolvar don't know."

I look at him again and roll my eyes. "Stop with the sad face."

"Why did they find out before me?" Sadness coming out of his childish words.

I grab his hand closest to me and start swing it between our bodies as we walk. "Listen, you'll get to see and hear many things that no one else will get from me, okay? Don't be upset."

Kamau's face warms at the double meaning, his hand even begins to sweat, but I remain unaffected aside from the smile growing on my face.

I let go of his hand when we reach the horses and he squeezes before he lets go.

My horse is to the left and his is on the right. Behind me is Selkie on a dark grey horse with hints of black throughout its fur. I hike my leg up and grab the reigns of the horse and I swing my leg around, plopping down on Venom.

I turn to my right just in time to see Kamau mount his own horse, his huge thighs swinging around and getting himself situated.

I noticed that our horses are bigger then the others. I get why Kamau's is bigger, he'd probably crush a horse with his weight, but me getting a bigger horse makes me feel appreciated, and I'll pretend it doesn't have to do with my own weight and muscles. I'm not even that tall, most of the elfs are taller then me but all of them are pretty skinny looking, lean is a more accurate word.

It could also have something to do with status? I'll go with that one.

I look behind Kamau to see Levos on his grey horse.

Everyone up front looks good, I glance behind me where the black carriage sits, just in time to see Cela and Levos climb in.

I look to the far right, where there's a guard holding up a green flag, she's placed in the halfway check point of this huge party.

The green flag she's holding up means she's being signaled from the back of the line that their ready, her holding it up means that her front line is ready, everyone from her forward, I can see, so I know their ready.

I look towards my left, and far out in an empty field is Rakia and Sansa on the back of Vomy, who's laying on the floor.

They can't see me but Vomy catches the nod I give her, signaling to get up and take off.

I whistle, signaling the closest guard and she holds up a purple flag, which tells the crowd we're leaving. I wait a couple seconds for protest but there were none, just normal chatter throughout.