Chapter 35 King

I wake up to someone jumping on me.

I crack an eye open right on time to see Seri jump down on my stomach, knees first.

I groan as I whisper a curse.

"Wake up daddy!" Seri yells cheerfully as her brother shakes my side. "Yea wake up daddy." Syrian adds on to his sister.

I run my hand down my face as I look at Circe's peacefully sleeping figure.

"Why don't you bother Circe." I grumble.

Seri points her finger in the air as she stands on my stomach, earning another groan from me at her force. "Mommy said not to bother her when she's sleeping, but to bother you instead." Seri restates.

I gape at Circes back as I make a sound of disapproval.

I motion for them to be quiet and to come closer.

Syrian silently crawls over my legs as Seri drops down, once again kneeing me in the stomach and I yelp, giving her a small glare.

I motion for us to scare Circe on the count of three but before I can silently finish the countdown on my fingers, Circe's hand goes flying up in the air, her body still in sleeping position. I can't see her face with her back towards me but I'd bet money that her eyes are still closed. "Don't you fucking dare." She say calmly and my hand immediately drops.

"How did you know?" I asked surprised.

"Because I can feel your movements behind me." She mumbles, "and I have eyes in the back of my head." She adds on and I smile at her joke.

She turns around and slowly opens her eyes, looking straight out the carriage window. "Are you kidding? It's still night time." She groans.

"Everyone go back to sleep." She demands before turning back around and pulling the covers all the way to her shoulders.

I knew she was cold.

"Mommy?" Syrian says quietly.

She hums, still obviously tired.

"Can I lay with you?" He asks, unsure.

She doesn't answer, instead she peels back the covers as an open invite.

Syrian smiles and gently crawls in, stopping when he lays his head on her chest and grabs her arm, making her cuddle him and I can't help but smile at the sight.

It seems that Circe can't ether because a small smile slips through the cracks.

"Daddy?" I hear Seri say and I turn to her. Her blue eyes wide with a question as her black hair lays in a messy braid.

"Yes?" I say.

"Can I lay with you?" She asks, not looking nearly as nervous as her brother and I lightly laugh.

"Sure sweetheart." I open my arms and she once again jumps on me. "Jesus, why are you so hyper?"

"Because I'm happy." She sighs as she closes her eyes and lays her head on my chest.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Daddy?" Syrian says as me and Circe step out of the carriage. Our shoes on and the collapse cushion now put away.

"Yea?" I say putting my jacket on.

"Can I ride with you?" He says as he fidgets with his fingers.

I hesitate before looking at Circe who just shrugs as she puts her jacket on.

She's no help.

I look back at Syrian. Seri sitting right next to him, carelessly playing with a doll I don't even know where she got it from.