ten

Ten

Maddie

I should have called.

The trip was not what I thought. It was a motel to motel and them selling drugs. They still continued to smoke, so I ended up sitting outside most of the nights or in the car with the windows cracked. I was exhausted. During the drug deals they would stick me with a needle that made me lose control of my whole body. I would sit in the car, not able to express anything. My emotions were stuck in my mind, driving me crazy.

"You said I would be safe," I yelled at the two as we were in another motel on Saturday. "You said you wouldn't smoke, and now you're dealing drugs?" I snapped as the two sat in the motel room, smoking whatever the hell they decided now.

"You caused this," Nate yelled back. "We have to afford the hospital bills, your new medication, and still afford an apartment,"

"Then get a real job, not this,"

"This is our job," Zach snapped and I pulled out my phone. "What are you doing?"

"I'm calling Ashton,"

"That doctor?" Zach questioned and panicked.

"Yes, he can come pick me up and I can stay there, I'm not doing this anymore," before I could click the contact, I was fighting for my phone with the two, which didn;t last long. Mostly because I felt another needle enter my skin, this time more forcefully.

"Nate, what the fuck?" Zach swore.

"Get my bag,"

"Get off of me," I screamed, but my mouth was quickly covered.

"Nate-"

"Just fucking do it," Nate snapped. "We have to meet people, I can't deal with this right now," I felt the drug start to make me feel woozy as the two panicked around, but I fell unconscious.

Third Person POV

"You said seven hundred,"

"And you said it would only be you two,"

Zach sighed, running his hands through his hair, "She's unconscious, I don't think she counts,"

"Do you want the stuff or not?" Nate snapped, growing impatient.

"Fine, seven hundred," the guy rolled his eyes. Before Zach could get anything out, there were bright colored lights and sirens turning into the dark street.

"Fucking shit," Nate swore as he took off with Zach at his heels. Obviously the two didn't make it far, nor did anyone else. All too drugged to even see clearly. As the police arrested the group, one noticed a girl leaning against the glass in the car.

"Getting an ambulance, right now," he yelled as he rushed over to the car, opening the door. "I have a girl, teen, unconscious,"

"Intoxicated?"

"Heavily," he confirmed. "Do we have an ambulance?"

"On the way, right now,"