thirty four

Thirty Four

Maddie

"Hey bubbs," Calum pulled me into a hug after he came with Ashton. I hugged him tightly, letting my head hit his chest as he rubbed my back. "Let's go home," he whispered and I nodded. Ashton signed me out, then we went out to Calum's car. He handed me his phone with the directions home, and as he drove I stared at his phone, not saying a word. My knees were pulled to my chest as I watched the phone, but luckily we made it home soon.

Everyone was doing their own thing inside, so Calum and I went up to his room. We sat on his bed and he pulled me into a tight hug as my tears hit his shirt, "What happened at school?"

"People are gonna think I'm weird," I stuttered, "and judge me,"

"Did that happen today?"

"No, but Iris and I talked about it," I wiped my eyes, "and now I'm scared that people look at me differently,"

"There are cruel people in this world, but your school is a very safe place. It's very welcoming for everybody, and everyone in this home supports you. If there is anyone ever making you feel uncomfortable you let someone know, and we will fix that," he said.

"Ok,"

"Did anything else happen today?"

"I've been thinking about my brothers a lot,"

"What about them?"

"Them drugging me and dragging me around," I sniffled. "And it scares me,"

"That is very scary, and you are safe here. Nothing like that will ever happen to you here,"

"When will you get custody of me?"

"Soon, very soon," he kissed the top of my head. "You have a lot going through your mind,"

"Iris wants to take me on a date,"

"Oh yeah?" his eyebrows raised and I nodded.

"I said yes,"

"You're growing up too quickly," he sighed and hugged me tighter, making me giggle. "Stop growing up,"

"I'll try,"

"Good," he smiled. "Do you want to go downstairs with everyone?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Are you upset that I like guys and girls,"
"Never,"

"Is anyone else here upset?"

"Absolutely not," he reassured me. "As long as you're happy, we're happy,"

"Ok,"

"Hey," he lifted my chin with his finger to make me look at him, "we support you here no matter what, and you'll always be loved here,"

"I know," I lightly smiled, "I just worry a lot,"

"Well you have an appointment with Aria later, that will help,"

"Can I talk to her alone?"

"Absolutely, I think that would be good," he stood up, then pulled me up to my feet, "now let's go downstairs,"

A/N: happy pride month! I want you all know know that you are loved and wanted in the world. I love you all so much!

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)