Chapter 91

Celestine asked her mom if they could atleast stay in Ilocos so she could monitor Sister Anabelle. Irene as an understanding mother, she agrees right away.

The Marcos' visit Sister Anabelle the next day, they'll also stay in Ilocos since they don't have something to do in Manila except with Bongbong and Liza, they need to be in Malacañang always.

Celestine always visits Sister Anabelle in the hospital, she's still convincing her to take operation but one word Sister Anabelle would always reply is, "No". Celestine knows when Sister Anabelle says no it really means no, wala na silang magagawa kung tumanggi ito.

It pains her whenever she saw her suffering, day by day she suffers headache and she would sometimes shout when she cannot take the pain anymore. Celestine can't help but to tear up whenever she witness some kind of scene like that.

"Don't let her suffer more, good Lord. Take her if its your will. We'll going to be okay..." Celestine prayed while kneeling down on the hospital's chapel.

"It would pain our hearts if she leaves us, but it would be more painful if we witness her suffer so bad." She added as she sobbed, she looked at the altar with weary eyes, then someone suddenly held her shoulders. That made Celestine startled so she immediately looked back and it surprised her to see Lucas, SSG Vice-President.

"Lucas?" She said, still can't believe that its him, Lucas handed his handkerchief to Celestine, which she accepted. She wiped her tears as Lucas opened his water bottle so she could drink.

"Don't worry, bago to. Kakaopen ko lang ngayon.." Lucas said as he handed her the water.

Celestine forcedly smile, "Thanks." She uttered and face back to drink the water.

"Why are you here pala?" Celestine asked as soon as she calmed down.

"My sister got admitted.." Lucas replied and smile weakly.

He gaze to the altar, "Ikaw bakit ka nandito?" Lucas asked.

"May sakit si Sister, isa sa mga nag-alaga sakin nung hindi pa ako nahahanap nila mommy." Celestine whispered, enough for him to hear.

"Anong sakit niya?" He asked as he gaze to Celestine.

"She was diagnosed with a cancerus brain tumor.." Celestine said as she looked down.

"Sorry to hear that." Lucas uttered.

Celestine smile faintly, "Why is your sister here? I'm surprised, taga Ilocos ka pala. Di ko alam yun ah." She said.

"Well you didn't asked, my family stays here. I needed to go to Manila to study, na-dengue siya kaya umuwi narin muna ako dito, wala namang pasok." Lucas explained.

Celestine nodded, "Is she okay na?" She asked.

"Yes thankfully, sakitin yun eh. Kaya napag-isipan nila mommy na dito tumira malayo sa Manila, para malayo din sa usok, may asthma kasi yun." Lucas answered.

"I'm glad... How old is she?" Celestine asked.

"7 years old." He said plainly.

"Oh, 10 or 11 years gap?" Celestine murmured.

"11 years." Lucas answered.

They talked for awhile when someone suddenly interrupted them. It's Borgy.

He faked a cough, "Sup man." Borgy greeted, eyebrows raised.

Lucas stood up, "Good afternoon po.." He said.