Chapter 34

𝗜𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀-𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

My class has ended already so I head my way to my kubo para kamustahin si Manang. I was still far from the kubo pero I can already hear Manang's voice, I think Jane and her are talking and I wasn't wrong they really are talking.

"Manang, your voice is too loud!" I exclaimed.

"Ay malakas ba?" She asked loudly.

"Hindi ba obvious?" I fired back.

"Nandito na po pala kayo ma'am, pupuntahan ko po muna yung mga bata Sen." Jane said.

"Sige Jane!" Manang replied.

"Okay, thanks Jane!" I exclaim as I smile at Jane.

"Manang, gusto mong maglibot-libot?" I asked and sit beside her.

"Bukas nalang, Ading. It's getting dark narin kasi baka mapano pa tayo." She replied.

"How are you?" She asked, I smiled lightly.

"Still the same, Manang." I answered.

"Pumapayat ka, Irene! Jusko naman Celestina!" She scolded as she glares at me.

"Irene naman, wag mo namang pababayaan yung sarili mo. I know you're not eating in right time at kung kumakain kaman alam kong kunti lang. And don't even try to deny because I'm monitoring you!" Manang warns sternly.

𝗜𝗺𝗲𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀

Irene is already here so Jane left. She sat beside me and I noticed that she lose weight. Gosh, Irene!

"Pumapayat ka Irene!"

"Irene naman, wag mo namang papabayaan yung sarili mo. I know your not eating in right time at kung kumakain kaman alam kong konti lang. And don't even try to deny because I'm monitoring you!" I scolded her.

"Manang, I'm eating naman." She defended.

"Yes you do pero kunti lang 'no? After this training here in Mt. Makiling. I'll make sure you'll take a rest. Wag kana munang magtatrabaho for atleast a week. Baka ma-over fatigue ka!" I exclaimed.

"Manang, mabobored lang ako sa bahay. Wala akong pagtutuonan ng pansin." She said.

"I'll ask Isabelle to visit you-

"Manang don't! Wag mo na siyang papuntahin, makakaabala lang tayo sakanya and she's away. Ilocos pa yun, hindi naman ako papayag na bibisita siya sakin ng mag-kocommute siya at mag-aalala lang yun kaya please wag na." She told me.

"She'll be staying in Manila starting on Monday, Irene. Hindi na siya malayo and I'm sure she won't mind." I assured her.

"W-What? A-anong g-gagawin niya sa M-manila?" She asked, I know she's longing for her.

"Remember, she'll going to study in Ateneo and their class will start on Monday na." I informed her.

"And where'd you get that information?" She asked raising her left eyebrow.

"Sakanya, binisita ko kasi siya kahapon kasi pumunta din ako ng Ilocos for some important matter." I informed her.

"H-how is she Manang? Is she good? I-is she okay? Did she lose weight?" She bombarded me with questions, worriedly as her tears starting to form.