Chapter 29

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand as well."

Today I'm to be in the field to practice with Paxton again. Do I really want to be practicing with this asshole? No, not really. I swear if he says one thing to piss me off I'm going to yank his heart out of his chest and stomp on it.

Bloody tribrid.

I understand he needed Aria, Angel, and I to become one like when it was just Angel and I but did he have to be so harsh and start shit?
No!! Absolutely not.

I throw my hair into a messy bun and changed into my shorts and tank top. The guys and Aphrodite will meet me at the field. I'm not in a hurry so I just walk... Slowly towards my doom. When I get to the field Paxton and Orion is standing in the middle of the field. They're training and from what I can see they're equally matched. Each landing blows and kicks left and right. Paxton goes to swing on Orion. Orion in a blink of an eye disappears and is 20 feet from Paxton.

All I did was blink! How did he move so quickly!

Paxton charges towards Orion but Orion runs up the damn tree and does a backflip. When he lands he's directly behind Paxton. Before Paxton could even attack Orion has him in a headlock. One swift motion he could behead his own brother. Orion drops his hold and walks away from his brother. Paxton lost this round to his older brother. Next up is Hendrix and Dimitri. I don't know who will win this round. Both are so talented in their own ways. The start of the fight it looks like Dimitri has the upper hand. But what everyone seems to forget is Hendrix is quicker than the rest of his siblings. Dimitri starts to use his magic and you see vines come up from the ground. Hendrix quickly retaliates and does his own spell. His genius spell happens to be, he ankled his brother. This causes Dimitri to quit with his vines and this distraction cost him dearly. Before anyone could blink Hendrix had already half shifted and plunged his hand through Dimitri's back and grabbed his brothers heart. He lets Dimitri's heart free and pulls his hand out. When his hand is out instead of claws it was fingers.

Wait!? Where did his claws go?

It's clear as day Hendrix has beat his older brother.

"You freaking ankled your brother!" Aphrodite laughs out.

"You fucking poked my heart with your finger?!" Dimitri says shocked.

"He just half shifted! How?" Paxton asks confused.

"Drix had claws when he entered his back! He came out with fingers?! How!!!???" I ask no one in general.

"Paxton isn't the only one who can half shift. I was the one when we were 14 who taught him." Hendrix shrugs.

"He just has been getting better at it. Well, quicker at it." Hendrix explains with no emotions.

"Paxton you up to train Aspen today?" Orion calls out to his younger brother.

"Uhh, yeah! Sure." Paxton says with doubt.

"It's fine if you want someone else to. Or I can just practice half shifting for a bit. So, you can rest a while. You guys have been training for hours anyways." I try to weasel out of fighting Paxton.

"Yeah, you practice a bit. I'll coach you from the sidelines for now." Paxton agrees.

"Better yet Orion and I could practice with her while you and Dimitri coach her from the sidelines." Hendrix randomly says with a smirk.

Dimitri, Paxton, and Orion both nodded their heads. All I could do is grunt.

Why'd you open your big mouth Hendrix!